Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Eco- disposable nappies...

(5 Posts)
lunarx Wed 08-Jun-05 11:49:07

does anyone use Moltex Oko nappies full-time?
what do you like/dislike about them?

we are considering changing ds to them, as he has very sensitive skin and regular pampers irritate him..

thanks

Catbert Wed 08-Jun-05 12:07:48

I love them, but they were difficult to get hold of (never re-ordered online on time) but then found my local chemist stocks them now! Hurrah!

People are obsessed with whiter than white nappies, and always comment on the colour - but who cares!

And the environmental part describes the manufacturing process (i.e. NOT bleaching etc) which is also a very non-green way of producing nappies, let alone the landfill issue. They DO use gel (which is the part that takes so long to bio-degrade along with the plastic) but in much MUCH smaller amounts.

However, this does mean can be less effective if you have a mega-wee-er (!) which mine are not, so not a problem, but my sisters boy was an all night drinker of milk, and couldn't tolerate them overnight for this.

HTH...

lunarx Wed 08-Jun-05 13:11:19

thanks catbert, definitely somethings to consider, especially overnight wear! (dont want to wake up to a wet clothed baby every morning!) ..

misdee Wed 08-Jun-05 13:12:49

if i ordered some today online, will they arrive before saturday, and where is the best palce to get them?

mcmudda Wed 08-Jun-05 13:24:06

We used them for a couple of months while we had a dodgy washing machine (ds was usually in cotton).

He was 2 at the time and a fairly heavy wetter - great during the day and I think only one wet leak after 13 hours at night.

They don't have the weird chemical smell that normal disposables have - I think they use tea to absorb the smell? The fit is good and they're ealsticated all the way round just like a conventional disposable - it's just coffee coloured instead of white. The dodgy granules/gel have never escaped either (there's only a tiny amount)- unlike huggies/pampers where the crystals have ended up on the skin - eurgh.

I got mine from Naturebotts - by far the cheapest online and next day delivery before 2pm. But their online ordering isn't up and running quite yet - but the phone number is on the site.

They also sell biodegradable nappy sacks in bulk which you might as well get. THere's no point in puttin a biodegradable nappy in a non-biodegradable sack that won't let the air at it IYSWIM.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now