Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Best nappy for a slim, long baby with chunky thighs?

(10 Posts)
Swaliswan Mon 28-Sep-09 20:13:39

I tried reusables with DD1 but was silly enough to buy a load without trialling some first and made a huge mistake. I'm tempted to convert DD2 over to reusables. She is 5 months old and is slim around the waist but has chunky thighs. She is also very long in the body so needs a nappy that is fairly high in the rise of the seat. I was disappointed with Totsbots bamboozles aplix fastening cutting into DD1's tummy.

I'd also like a fairly slim nappy just for daytime use. I'm not sure quite how I'll manage DD2's clothes with a big reusable nappy.

I don't want much, do I? grinhmm

Octothechildherder Mon 28-Sep-09 20:17:24

I would go for a nappy you can adjust on the legs like fuzzi bunz - have a look at weenotions or blueberry side snaps too smile

ager Mon 28-Sep-09 21:00:02

Hi, I have a daughter with similar build and find Ellas House hemp nappies with snaps fit well and are some of the slimmest nappies I have. I use a rikki wrap with them and have no problems with dd2's trousers but do buy baggies!

Swaliswan Mon 28-Sep-09 21:32:06

Thanks for your help. I think that I will try some different nappies with the Plush Pants trial scheme including your suggestions.

tutu100 Mon 28-Sep-09 21:49:57

I have some old geobel nappies which are great on my ds2 as they are very high in the rise. The company that make them are now called bambinex and I bought some of their newer version but they aren't quite as good a cut, but they are better for ds2 than tots bots. They are also made from bamboo.

I also like that they have a thinner band of aplix which doesn't cut into ds2's tummy or rub it.

LatinDAISYcal Tue 29-Sep-09 20:47:26

I'd suggest the bambinex nappies as well, and if you bought non applix ones that you you fasten with a nappy nippa then they have more adjustability. I've got some with and without applix and the fit always seems better on the non applix ones. My DS has hugely chunky thighs.

Although they do a birth to potty version that has applix and poppers to change the height of the rise.

They are very slim fitting as well, although I found that they do take at least 6 washes to get up to maximum absorbency and have a tendency to cause leaky legs until they are fully up and running.

Ariela Tue 29-Sep-09 22:28:15

I'd suggest Kissaluvs in size 2 if she's over 17-18lb they'll be tall enough, and with only one row of poppers you can overlap the waist enough for her slim waist but it'll accomodate her thighs as there's only 1 row of poppers, they're quite slim fitting.

Octothechildherder Wed 30-Sep-09 10:57:16

I have a large used kissaluv you can try for free in my trial kits email me at info@nappywardrobe.co.uk

Swaliswan Thu 01-Oct-09 13:09:04

Thanks for the offer! Can I wait until I've done my trial though because I'm a bit bothered about losing your nappy in with the trial ones blush

LittlePants Fri 02-Oct-09 07:57:02

Tirsokas are very generous in the rise, so great for long slim babies, gorgeously soft, slim fitting as they are sidesnaps, incredibly qick dry, and the lightest weight nappy we have EVER come across. They are lined with CoolMax instead of fleece, and this is also apparently very good a preventing and healing nappy rash.
In fact I think they are the ultimate pocket nappy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now