Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Hi my son hes 22 years old he stil needs a nappy on him

(93 Posts)
silv77 Sat 26-Sep-09 19:58:51

Hi need to find cheap nappies. Most are really dear. He wears them all day so we use a lot.
Also he does not like telling me when he needs changing
Thanks

hf128219 Sat 26-Sep-09 20:02:35

Have you looked on ebay?

Beauregard Sat 26-Sep-09 20:04:14

Do you not get them on prescription?

Flamesparrow Sat 26-Sep-09 20:04:27

You'd prob be better off on special needs...

silv77 Sat 26-Sep-09 20:10:02

Yes i looked on ebay dont sell that many in a pack though. Thats the problem And most of the time they leak.

silv77 Sat 26-Sep-09 20:14:58

Hes quite skinny. could he fit in a large pampers or huggies. Theres been many of time we nearly run out and most shops dont sell adult nappies.
I need to relay on bus and train. you know what they are like. The only shops we have are coop and pharmist. In my villege

silv77 Sat 26-Sep-09 20:17:45

I put a post on there but on here i have 4 replays stright away.

franklymydear Sat 26-Sep-09 20:18:03

surely you'd get them prescribed

silv77 Sat 26-Sep-09 20:26:34

Yes maby you are right. Does anyone knows a good web site that sell them. AND get them for free

Thanks

Iknow its weierd putting a post on here for a 22 year old. But they might be a time when someone as the same problem with a older person or teenager. Theres been many of times where i was in a shop thinking if only he could fit in thoses no need to worrie about deliviley and all of that.

thanks

PinkTulips Sat 26-Sep-09 20:30:26

they do bedwetter pants for kids up to 15... huggies i think, worth checking to see if they fit and then you know if you run out you can use those.

not sure about cheap online places tbh, good luck finding some

blithedance Sat 26-Sep-09 20:32:38

There is another thread I remember reading about a similar problem - will try to link it for you

pagwatch Sat 26-Sep-09 20:35:14

you haven't posted on sn.
why does your son not get these on prescription.

why have you not investigated this before.
why does your social worker or GP have any
advice for you.

Is there really a parent of a person with SN who does not realise that nappies are free?

silv77 Sat 26-Sep-09 20:39:12

Yes thanks. Ill have a look at them huggies dry nights i think they are called. I remenber becase when i saw the add. On TV i wonder why couldnt they have had them when he was a teenager.

thanks

blithedance Sat 26-Sep-09 20:39:32

here

A chap who has a bladder condition recommended Tena mens pants, maybe less like a nappy.

Could you try asking the pharmacist what the cheapest thing they can order you in is?

RealityIsAnAuntie Sat 26-Sep-09 20:40:10

Message withdrawn

NotanOtter Sat 26-Sep-09 20:41:48

delively?

HecatesTwopenceworth Sat 26-Sep-09 20:43:18

If your 22yr old has such high personal care needs, you would have involvement from people like social services, would you not? I am amazed that he has not been provided with the basics. Or are you saying that you get no help from anyone and nobody is aware of your son's needs?

silv77 Sat 26-Sep-09 20:44:29

I have posted on sn. put it under the teenagers bit. i think i shouls have put it under adults with disablites. I havernt got a post on there yet. I saw there was tones or replays on here. More feed back

silv77 Sat 26-Sep-09 20:49:49

I just saw the products message board. And saw nappies. Mabey I jumpted in too soon. I should have looked before putting this topic on.

sorry

pagwatch Sat 26-Sep-09 20:50:52

found in sn teenagers...why does his gp not prescribe if he needs them every day...and has for some time?

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Sat 26-Sep-09 20:51:25

silv, sorry to be specific but can you answer the question about the lack of external support you sound like you are getting for your son.

HecatesTwopenceworth Sat 26-Sep-09 20:53:13

what is your son's disability? perhaps someone has experience of it and can point you in the right direction.

I am amazed that you have got to him being twenty-two without information and support actually. wtf is going on there? I'd be very angry about that.

silv77 Sat 26-Sep-09 20:53:50

I not like the ones from the gp. I dont think they not that good quality And most of the good ones are really dear and not have that many in the pack.

silv77 Sat 26-Sep-09 21:04:34

he has Childhood disintegrative disorder

silv77 Sat 26-Sep-09 21:07:43

I just thought that people might know of a good nappy. That is cheap and can hold a lot in them. And have many in the pack

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now