Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Disana woollens

(4 Posts)
ager Wed 23-Sep-09 21:03:55

Hello, I'm sure this has been asked before but sombody please help me.

I'm going to start using a disana soaker at night (lanolising it now) and wondered what sleepsuits or sleeping bags I should use. At the moment I am using a fully boosted bamboo BBH with one of their wool wraps and just use a cotton sleepsuit and a sleeping bag now it is cooler. Dd2 seems to have sensitive skin and the elastic gives her red marks round her (ahem chunky!) thighs so I thought the disana would be better. When I tried it on today it went from her nipples to her calves and I don't want her to overheat.

Please help!

Also got a pair of their dungarees and wondered if anybody had lanolised these for using during the day and what does anybody think about their sleeping bags.

KirstyJC Thu 24-Sep-09 10:09:49

Hi. My DS2 uses the Disana woollen shorts and I know what you mean about the size - it looks enormous, doesn't it? (But VERY cute!). Don't worry about her overheating - the thing about wool is that it helps to regulate temperature anyway, so it will keep her cool in summer and warm in winter.

In summer, I had him in a 1 tog sleeping bag with just his nappy and wool shorts, now it's colder he is in a cotton sleepsuit and a 2.5 tog sleeping bag. When he first wore the shorts I did fold the waist bit down so it was further down his body, but then I forgot and it didn't seem to make any difference so I stopped!

If she usually has a sleepsuit and sleeping bag I would carry on with that, just maybe check her a bit more until you are confident she isn't too hot - check she doesn't have a sweaty neck/tummy etc.

Not tried the sleeping bags (although I would have if I'd known about them before I bought the other ones) or their dungarees.

HTH smile

mumface Thu 24-Sep-09 11:52:28

I noticed Asda are selling TempAlert sleepsuits, they have a little thermometer printed on back which tells you when baby is too hot. But I suppose you would have to wake the baby up to check her back!

ager Fri 25-Sep-09 10:56:59

Thanks for advice smile , I'm still waiting for them to dry after lanolising them. I'm going to test them during the day first to make sure I don't need to do that a few times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now