Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Any tips on starting up a nappy business?

(7 Posts)
duvetheaven Wed 23-Sep-09 19:41:09

Any tips please? Should I start as an agent before launching into my own business?

MrBabyBots Wed 23-Sep-09 20:19:17

http://clothsellers.forumotion.net is a place for sellers, if you are or are planning to become one feel free to join, all of the members so far are MNers so you will probably know a few names.

duvetheaven Wed 23-Sep-09 20:32:47

Thanks MrBabybots . Will take a look.

purplesal Wed 23-Sep-09 21:56:38

Hi Duvetheaven,
Lollipop have now set up a new way to become a nappy seller. Yo can join the Lollipop Advisors Club and it's now only £49, plus £10 per year to stay in the club. This gives you a comprehensive kit of Lollipop nappies but you can add more nappies to your original kit if you want a wider choice. The exciting thing about joining the Lollipop Advisor Club is that after 6 months if your nappy business has taken off you can apply for a trade account with Lollipop (or sooner if you have been ordering regularly I believe) and then you'll get hugely discounted napies which is what it sounds like you might be interested in. But it's a safe way to start up a new business with a minimal investment but you still get all teh support from Lollipop and trainin manual and access to the advisor forum where you can ask lots and lots of other nappy advisors fo help if you want it. Feel free to contact me if you want more information. Or contact jane@teamlollipop.co.uk and say that I passed her email address on.

duvetheaven Wed 23-Sep-09 22:07:30

Hi Purplesal
Thanks for the information. I take it that you can only sell Lollipop nappies? I might find that a bit too restrictive as I use about 10 different types grin.

duvetheaven Wed 23-Sep-09 22:13:57

I've taken a look at the lollipop website and see that you have quite a few brands on there. Something I've learnt today !

purplesal Wed 23-Sep-09 22:44:53

No you can sell any brand of nappies at all. If you want to sell another brand that Lollipop doesn't stock you can go to them directly if you want. In fact even for the brands that Lollipop does stock you could buy directly if you wanted - depends whether you want the hassle of setting up loads of different trade accounts and being subject to minimum orders, or settling for less profit to start with (on non-Lollipop brands) and having the ease of ordering as much or as little as you like through Lollipop. Lollipop do have a pretty big selection of different brands though, don't they.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now