Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Can someone can and talk to me about bumgenius nappies please?!

(7 Posts)
you Wed 23-Sep-09 15:27:33

DD is 6 months and we've been using disposables up till now and have been thinking about getting reusable ones. Have come across the bumgenius make as someone's selling a few of the birth to toddler ones at a good price near us.

Are they any good? Hard to use? Do you have to change and wash the whole nappy every time she wees? Am so confused!

you Wed 23-Sep-09 15:38:57

Oh, and are they worth getting seeing as how she's 6mo already?

BornToFolk Wed 23-Sep-09 15:40:00

Very good and very easy to use. Really slim and quick drying too.

The only bad points are that they are expensive and DS is now starting to outgrow them (nearly 2, very chunky!)

You'll probably need to change a bit more frequently than your disposables but you'll work out how long you can leave them for.

Yes, the whole nappy should be changed. I think some people just change the inserts but I don't as the liner bit has been weed through and that's right next to the skin.

If you can get a good price for these I'd say definitely go for it.

you Wed 23-Sep-09 15:58:05

That's helpful, thanks

How many of them you you have then? The problem is we don't have a tumble dryer so I suspect we'd need quite a few, do they take ages to dry?

BornToFolk Wed 23-Sep-09 16:03:02

We don't have many as DS only uses them at nursery, we use pre-folds at home.

You're not actually supposed to tumble dry BumGenius. They'll take less than a day to dry outside, maybe a bit longer inside but really not long. They're made of microfibre so much quicker to dry than something made of cotton or bamboo and they dry nice and soft as well.

you Wed 23-Sep-09 16:33:10

Thank you!

Think we might go for it then grin

ChocOrange05 Thu 24-Sep-09 22:43:53

I just wanted to add that we use BG and they are good but I prefer the Tots Bots Easyfit. When I was getting my first reusables MN-ers advised me to get one of a few different kinds and try them out so you can see what you like. I did this and now I have 4 tots bots but still only one BG as it wasn't for us. I know lots of people like them though so I think everyone is different.

I really like the Blueberry Minki one size too but these are more expensive.

HTH!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now