Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Thinking about a night notion, bewildered by choicce

(10 Posts)
alysonpeaches Sun 20-Sep-09 23:01:43

I was going to order a night notion as a night nappy for DD2. The choice of fabric is bewildering. I thought about getting a wrap to go with it too, but that confused me even more. I managed to choose a minky fabric for the night notion but cant work out if this is actually inside the nappy. Then couldnt decide what was on the outside and at that point considered the wrap.

Then I started to think that the wraps might not be that effective as I got a leak with an upsy daisy wrap at night, wondered if they were similar.
?
Has anyone been through the wee notions ordering thing and not been totally confused? Can you help me through it, and also tell me if their wraps are any good at night over their night notions.

Yorky Mon 21-Sep-09 07:46:56

I know what you mean about the number of choices. WN and UD seem very popular atm but I don't have either so can't say if they're really good or just really pretty! Hoping someone with more clue will be along soon

Octothechildherder Mon 21-Sep-09 15:13:35

Go on the chat thread and ask - a few on there have some.

alysonpeaches Mon 21-Sep-09 16:41:59

Well, they didnt answer me last time, but I will try again.

Octothechildherder Mon 21-Sep-09 16:48:49

Really? Oh no! Def ask again - I don't think they were ignoring you.

Scotia Mon 21-Sep-09 17:16:48

Oh, lol, I hadn't seen this before my post about not ignoring you grin Sorry I couldn't be more help with your dilemma though, but honestly, try emailing WN direct from their site

ager Mon 21-Sep-09 18:12:17

Hello, I ordered one a couple of weeks ago and am hoping I did it right. I agree it is bewildering as there is so much choice. I didn't go for any embroidery because I couldn't make head nor tail of that at all! Will be interested to see what is advised by anybody who has already got them. By the way which is the best wrap for these - preferably wool with no leg elastic or velcro? I have ordered a disana one and am considering knitting some longies for winter.

Flamesparrow Mon 21-Sep-09 18:50:56

I have always found Wee Notions wraps to be very very reliable.

For the inners - cuddlesoft is like very very soft fleece, minkee is the really soft fluffity stuff, and microfleece is just fleece.

The outer layer is just what each product says - either bamboo terry, bamboo velour, dyed bamboo velour, or the limited edition cotton fabrics. (No minkee option that I can see...)

I would probably just go with bamboo terry tbh with a fleece inner (finds it stays dryer than the other choices), and then go for a pretty wrap if you want minkee etc.

Flamesparrow Mon 21-Sep-09 18:52:23

They are normally very good at replying to queries, but it could have gotten buried if it was during the summer break, or right at the start of new school term.

Wraps to go with them - most wool would suit I think tbh ager

PolkSaladLucie Thu 24-Sep-09 19:50:22

I've just ordered a couple of nn.

I went for bamboo outer, as you need a wrap with them so didn't see the point of the limited edition patterns (plus, advice is that cotton isn't as good an outer layer as the bamboo or bamboo velour). The option for minky/cuddlesoft/microterry is for the inside. I went with minky as it is lovely ans soft and very colourful (went for a very dark colour in case it stains as if I don't get on with it I'll have to sell it) and then bought a wrap from the in-stock range.

I think they are lovely, but a bit pricey and so only got one, but if it goes well, I'll be back for more, plus maybe some of their AI2s.

If you have any more questions, or want me to report back when mine arrive, just let me know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now