Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Can nappy nippas and a wriggly crawling baby happily co-exist?!

(7 Posts)
fragola Fri 18-Sep-09 13:01:34

I use a variety of different nappies, some with poppers and some with nippas (mainly bumbles).

Since ds has been crawling, I’ve been having problems with the bumbles – as he wriggles and rolls, the nippers are either becoming unhooked, or the nappy is sort of bursting open underneath them. Today when I changed him, the bottom “arm” of the nipper had worked loose and was poking into his bits – poor little chap!

Has anyone had any similar problems? Is there an alternative to nippas, or is it time to pack away the bumbles until he’s walking?

Octothechildherder Fri 18-Sep-09 16:45:30

I would use the others until you have the wriggling under control smile There is a nappy seller on cloth nappy tree called pocket bots/tots who adds poppers to nappies.

Ariela Sat 19-Sep-09 21:26:37

Do make sure the Nippa is in a Y shape not a T, you really need to pull the bottom arm right down as tight as you can and hook the teeth in, this will tighten it and stop it pinging off.

alysonpeaches Sun 20-Sep-09 13:17:45

I cant get on with nippas. But here is a suggestion. I have some size 3 tots which are nippa and as I need a very absorbant night nappy for DD2 I wanted to use them and did consider the poppering thing. What I did yesterday though was stuff an extra large fuzzi bunz with the tots bots and it fits quite well. I know this probably defeats the object of the bumble as they have that lovely fleece lining, but its another way round it.

Littlepurpleprincess Sun 20-Sep-09 13:20:11

I use Bumbles and nippas and have not had a problem with them. Definately make sure it's pulled nice and tight.

fragola Fri 02-Oct-09 14:03:45

Thanks everyone, I've customised a few with poppers - seem to be working okay at the moment.

MrsBadger Fri 02-Oct-09 14:16:32

I too have nippa'd bimbles / bumbles and you really do need that Y shape, then all is fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now