Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

General chat for --cloth-- --nappy-- --users-- total fluffheads part 13 - the one where we finally find the ultimate nappy and go to fluffy heaven

(1002 Posts)
swampster Tue 15-Sep-09 14:00:41

grin

swampster Tue 15-Sep-09 14:02:58

Oh no!

4andnotout Tue 15-Sep-09 14:13:12

So shall i decamp to yours grin

JennyPennyNAPPYWEB Tue 15-Sep-09 14:19:36

Lol. I don't think Bold works on titles!

Thanks Octo. Any ideas when it will arrive? I think it will be too late for our holiday as its tuesday already and we will be gone before post on friday. Oh well. Will keep fingers crossed though!

I have just put the cushie tushie on Talia and its actually a great fit! I expected to hate it on talia but like it on elouise! I have folded the top down and its fine - I prefer it to the popper down ones because they dont have any excess poppers exposed iyswim? But we will see as she has only had it on for 5 mins!
(I am not just saying this because I stock them! Would always be honest!).

Has anybody heard from TheNatty at all?

swampster Tue 15-Sep-09 14:19:52

grin

I am so happy you didn't get on with cushie tushies, O great guru, I hate the name but I love the look of the choc and lime so much that I was almost giving in to the itchy finger on the 'buy' button!

swampster Tue 15-Sep-09 14:22:57

Crosspost - so you are a cushie-fan?

That was strike out, not bold (2-in-1?).

4andnotout Tue 15-Sep-09 14:23:19

Swampster grin I always have itchy 'buy it now' finger grin It is poised over a couple of wool coats on ebay at the mo, but with my rather large gazargas i should really try them on ..but they are so cheap <dither>

4andnotout Tue 15-Sep-09 14:24:54

I'm fairly relieved that i didn't like the cushies as i wouldn't have been able to stop at one blush Have had a few people interested in it on CNT so hopefully it'll go

Babybots Tue 15-Sep-09 14:44:27

Afternoon! Very quiet today.

Ive had my cushie on ds again today as i hated it the first time! I didnt think id need to turn the front down on a 9 month old... Turns out i did and it was much better second time around. it even coped with the huge upset tummy due to antibiotics poo that was thrown at it. Going to keep trying it though i think i need a bit more convincing!

I'll stick a pic of the bumble bee butt on our fb page later! Is very cute!

Jenny have you tried it on your oldest yet?

Did you manage to sort the site out Dh was ready armed with html code to assist last night wink shout later on if you want that hand.

JennyPennyNAPPYWEB Tue 15-Sep-09 14:46:34

I am a fan so far but this is the first use! And its a choco lime spots! If I had my camera I would take a picture for you! I might just have to have one of each! I think I am going to order one for myself on each wholesale order so I can spread it out!

JennyPennyNAPPYWEB Tue 15-Sep-09 15:00:31

Octo - I had completly forgotten that the dilver liners werewn't on the invoice. If you haven't already posted my parsel it would be good if you could pop them in for me and I will pay you. But I am in no hurry for those so if not dont worry.

JennyPennyNAPPYWEB Tue 15-Sep-09 15:09:56

BB - Not tried it on Elouise yet - will do as soon as its clean and dry!

myjobismum Tue 15-Sep-09 15:11:41

Phew.......found you! Got worried there for a moment wink

<feels all warm, secure and fluffy once again>

JennyPennyNAPPYWEB Tue 15-Sep-09 16:25:06

Well 2 hours and 3 feeds later and no leaks or anything - which we would of had from an itti by now.

mumface Tue 15-Sep-09 16:58:42

I don't like my wee notions as much as I thought I would. I don't know why. The stitching is wonky on one side but that doesn't really matter. I've only used it once on Lewis and it got saturated with a blueberry insert in it. Havn't really given it a chance though. I have however got an Imse Vimse fox fiber organic cotton wrap for Connor and it's fab, is so soft and velvety and have just got a pair of training pants in the same fabric in FYP sale for £5 and got free p&p!

mistermoo Tue 15-Sep-09 18:22:14

Just spotted the talk about CTs and little ones... I think in Oz they call them OSFM (one size fits most), and teeny weeny newborns definitely needn't apply!
However, when I did a shoot for my site, I had a 6 week old baby in one, folded down at the front, and it looked fine on him.
You can see the photos on my FB album...
6 week old in CT
will go and see if I can find pix of him from the front, so you can see the fit that way...

myjobismum Tue 15-Sep-09 19:01:36

Mistermoo - lovely pics <swoon> We are getting DD the bee on for christmas!

Mumface - shame re WN sad when did it arrive? hope you like it better tomorrow! What is FYP?

So tots easy fit - are they good? I got some money for my birthday and decided 'one' nappy and the rest must not be used for fluff shock so I have already ordered my UDSS's and my WNSS's - am getting BG in a few weeks too so no need to spend it on that - got 5 new ittis (N's bday) and goodmama on way - oh and keeping bee cushie idea for xmas. So........ taking allthat into consideration, would a yellow dots, tots eay fit be good, or is there something else better in similar price range?

4andnotout Tue 15-Sep-09 19:17:37

Myjob I love bamboo easifits but I hated the fluffle version, I do have a bamboo one you are welcome to try to see If you like it before ordering?

mumface Tue 15-Sep-09 19:17:53

My Wee notion came on Saturday. FYP-Fill your Pants.Have got a couple of Green Acre OS Microfibre inserts to try in it. I'm not too keen on the chocolate tie dye minky tbh it looked nice on the picture.Might sell it but just paid £20 for it!

4andnotout Tue 15-Sep-09 19:19:36

Oh and Fyp is fill-your-pants which is a website selling cloth nappies and organic clothes, baby bits etc

mumface Tue 15-Sep-09 19:40:13

I don't like how the Weenotion does not have a flap like blueberries do to tuck over pocket opening.It's seems like insert might just slide out!Like on Coolababy, but I can forgive a £5.50 nappy for that and they're not in the same league. I think I am comparing it to my Blueberries.

myjobismum Tue 15-Sep-09 19:48:04

4 - that is very kind, but I wouldn't want to put you out - I will just take your word for it - I was only going to get the one (yellow spot) and order it in a couple of weeks when get back from holidy alongside my yellow and green BG. T-G sounds much like N so if you like it for her, then I am sure I will like it too grin oh and yes was definitely going to opt for bamboo not fluffle!

Mumface - ah, you don't like the colour, not much which can be done about that is there <shame> as far as being really wet goes, surely it is just down to the insert same as any other pocket nappy? <confused and a little bit worried>

Monday is fast approaching!!!! Cannot believe my baby girl is going to be one!!!!

myjobismum Tue 15-Sep-09 19:51:37

Mumface - I never had a pocket with a flap until I got a bumgenius last week - my swaddlebees sidesnap for N doesn't - neither did the minkys/fuzzis/bear behinds I had for DS either - is the WN like this? I am assuming the pocket opening is at the back of course!!!!! When I ordered my upsy daisy's I was very careful to make sure I got back openings, I didn't even think about it with my WN order <worries> !!!!!

JennyPennyNAPPYWEB Tue 15-Sep-09 20:10:13

i think I am going to put the girls into sposies tomorrow sad just to get all the cloth washed and dried before holiday and then its one less worry at the last min.

CT lasted 3 hours on Talia who is a heavy wetter, which is good as most AIOs are 1-2 hours on her and it probably isn't up to full absorbancy yet.

4 - if you post back the CT I will refund you minus the postage if you want? So about £16? But if you can get more else where then you would be better off doing that.

mumface Tue 15-Sep-09 20:11:36

Is it possible to become allergic to PUL over time? I tried Lewis with Tots wrap over Flexi-tot last night & today he has red raw lines around tummy & legs where the wrap was.He used to be fine in them. He is not sore in Eco bub where only wool & fleece touches skin.

This thread is not accepting new messages.