Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

night nappies for a slim 2-3 year old - ME-tastic if possible

(6 Posts)
hobnob57 Fri 11-Sep-09 20:43:40

It's nearly 3 years since I delved into the world of reusables, and thanks to a great recommendation from a friend I have been a stalwart motherease onesize user. Very cost-effective and no leaks ever, and quick to dry unlike the totsbots bamboozle I tried.

I'm expecting #2 soon, and DD is just about growing out of her size L wraps and only wears nappies at night. So instead of forking out for new wraps I wondered if it made more sense to get a few night nappies, especially ones that can be pulled up/down for when she recognises that she needs to go during the night and wants to sort herself out.

Now I'm bewildered by the explosion in real nappies in the past 3 years and need some recommendations for these night nappies. I need:
- pull-up style
- capable of containing the same amount of wee as a motherease with booster
- doesn't leak
- dries pretty quickly (overnight ideal - been so happy with motherease from that point of view too)

What do you reckon?

mumface Fri 11-Sep-09 21:32:40

I tried an Ecobub pocket last night on my 30lb 2yr old.Was very impressed.The inserts were soaking but the outer was bone dry. I ordered 2 more today. I would say they fulfilled all your requirements. They are elasticated side poppers so will pull up & down. You can boost as much as you need as it is a pocket. It dries pretty quick as it's wool with microfibre booster which is the quickest drying type of material.They are expensive though at £18 each.
Other nappies that will pull up are Minki YoYo's, which I don't think would last the night and swaddlebees side snap pocket nappies which I have't tried.

mumface Fri 11-Sep-09 21:37:33

Also if you want to stick with Motherease they do bedwetter pants which are pull ups. Not sure if these are just for 'accidents' or a proper nappy.

CMOTdibbler Fri 11-Sep-09 21:42:11

My DS is in FuzziBunz at night - you can stuff them as much as you like, and they pull up and down OK. If she is only just coming out of L wraps a L Fuzzi would prob be OK.

You could prob get some second hand quite reasonably wink

ilovemydogandmrobama Fri 11-Sep-09 21:44:04

Motherease bedwetter pants. DD (3) wears them. Never leaked, but she's potty trained during the day, and hasn't had a poo in them.

hobnob57 Sat 12-Sep-09 15:40:48

I've just bought a couple of the bedwetters second hand off MN so I'll give them a go. The stuffables are a bit of a mystery to me still, but look lovely and are very popular. I'll bear them in mind should the bedwetters not prove popular wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now