Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Having trouble finding winter trousers for over cloth?

(7 Posts)
MrsBadger Fri 11-Sep-09 18:42:33

then MrsBadger Next has solved all your problems grin

buy these in the size that will fit their bottom (dd wore the 2-3y from about 18m)
Turn / roll them up to the right length for their legs.
Then (this is the clever bit) snip off the button that holds the tab up
Now re-sew it at the appropriate place on the seam so the tab will hold the turn-ups at your desired length.
Done!

The best bit is that as they grow taller (but the nappy stays the same size) you can move the buttons down as required. And of course when they are potty trained and are slimmer-bummed they can wear them at full length...

If you'd rather have denim try these or these.
If you have an ITNG junkie get these.
If you have a boy you need one of these in each colour, because these aren't as nice and none of their jeans this year have button-up tabs.
If you are strapped for cash, Next do them every year so there are usually a few on Ebay.

This has been a public service announcement, thank you for listening smile

Octothechildherder Mon 14-Sep-09 10:58:47

LOL - good idea!

I bought some little shrimps trousers for my ds - they do come up bigger and thought were meant to be for cloth but they are too low in the rise at the back! But they do bigger ages unlike cut4cloth.

Like the roll ups though - look nice!

alysonpeaches Mon 14-Sep-09 20:21:16

Love the ITNG ones, or rather I know someone who will. Thanks. I have 3 girls and the younger 2 are in cloth. I manage the trouser question by trying all the bigger girls trousers on her to see which fit!

alysonpeaches Tue 15-Sep-09 18:02:09

Just bought some from Asda which are baby cord lined trousers which have roll up bottoms, ideal if you want to get the next size. They were in the girls section and were light brown with pink dots on, very nice too.

sasamaxx Tue 15-Sep-09 22:40:54

You know, I just discovered that Next actually have a couple of pairs of clothie trousers - they only do up to 12-18mths but I got these and they are FANTASTIC - perfect in size for big clothie bum.
Ive now ordered these and these as they kind of look like the same fit.
I've no idea if this is deliberate by next or not!

alysonpeaches Fri 18-Sep-09 11:15:23

Wow, next are usually skinny fit trousers as I get them for my skinny 4 year old!

MrsBadger Fri 18-Sep-09 11:31:04

IME Next trousers vary wildly - once you are out of their 'new baby' stuff and into 'younger girls/boys' they seem to have a lot of different cutting templates for eg flares, low-rise, boot-cut, elasticated, non-elasticated etc etc

unlike some other places where they all seem to be cut to the same form but wtih different details.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now