Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

rainbow tots - sizes ?

(4 Posts)
fredly Fri 03-Jun-05 11:38:35

I'm using rainbow tots for the night. They do a great job but I'm concerned about the size : they're supposed to last until potty training but my dd is only 9mths old, about 18lbs, and they look a bit tight already. And I think there's no next size up. Am I going wrong somewhere ?

LeahE Fri 03-Jun-05 12:16:36

You are sure you have size 2 (18-40lb) and not size 1 (8-18lb)? Apologies for asking stupid question, but from working in IT support hve learned to always ask stupid questions (is it plugged in? have you turned it on?) first.

Are they aplix or nippa? How far round are you getting the tabs at the moment?

I did find DS needed to go up from size 1 to size 2 at a lower weight than the quidelines, but not that much out.

If all else fails the white and unbleached tots do come in a larger size.

fredly Fri 03-Jun-05 16:36:53

I definitely have size 2. They're aplix, there's maybe a 4cm gap between each tab, but it's around the legs that it's too tight, her skin is all red in the morning. Nevermind, might have to invest in white or unbleached ones, no big deal. Thanks LeahE.

Laura032004 Fri 03-Jun-05 20:44:41

I didn't have a problem with the size 2 Rainbow Tots seeming small - if anything they seemed bigger than the white tots.

Could you just loosen them off a bit? We use a nippa with all nappies, even if applix, as ds seems to be able to wiggle nappies off in his sleep!

Also, I thought DS was about to outgrow his size 2's a few wks ago - at about 23lb, but then when he started walking, he changed shape, and now they fit really well again.

If it's only the night times that you get red legs, could you invest in a few size 3's? We've had these since way below the recommended weight, and they work fine. Definitely better to get unbleached though.

HTH a bit - rather rambly I'm afraid!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now