Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

your mission today if you choose to accept it - help me avoid disposables at night!

(12 Posts)
eggybrokenoff Thu 10-Sep-09 07:38:07

have posted before about boosters which might help BG last the night, have now accepted I will need to get some two parters for night.

Last night DS busted through a hemp ellas house borrowed from a friend. not sure if it was the wrap or the nappy though - the wrap was quite bunched up this morning.

so any other suggestions for night nappies to cope with very heavy wetting? I like the idea of a fleece layer next to his skin which was why I tried the ellas - anything similar out there with more absorbancy? or should I first try a different wrap?

FlamingoBingo Thu 10-Sep-09 07:45:01

Not sure what you've tried so far, but we have an EH hemp booster which we fold around the microfibre boosters in her BGs and that works fine. We need to change her as soon as she wakes though. That's for DD4 who is 11m. Used to work fine with DD3 before she trained too at 2.5y.

We had bumbles with DD1 and DD2 - stuffed with hemp boosters, and then we used to put disana wool pants over the top - wool makes a nappy last longer at night because some of the wee evaporates through. That combination worked brilliantly - better than the BG one we use now. We may go back to it if DD4 starts wetting at night much more because I'm lazy and don't often get round to changing their night nappy until they've been awake a bit! blush

plimple Thu 10-Sep-09 07:52:20

I use 2 prefolds in a large wrap. Am considering using disposable pull ups at night now to encourage my 2 year old to wee on the pot instead of bed.

Octothechildherder Thu 10-Sep-09 14:24:30

A good bamboo night nappy with a motherease cover over the top may be good.

eggybrokenoff Thu 10-Sep-09 14:45:33

but which one? I have a lollipop to try but would rather try something fleece lined if poss

Octothechildherder Thu 10-Sep-09 14:57:03

have you thought about just adding a fleece liner? I think would need to look at the WAHMs for a fleece lined bamboo - can't think of one off thetop of my head. I like the lollipop ones too.

swampster Thu 10-Sep-09 14:59:16

Ellas House didn't last the night past about two months in this house. Why not try a Tots Bots Flexitot, a Weenotions Night Notions, an Upsy Daisy night nappy or a Holden's Landing Bedbug (gorgeous but pricey)?

swampster Thu 10-Sep-09 15:00:08

And add your own fleece liner if you prefer fleece...

swampster Thu 10-Sep-09 15:13:37

Of course you can have your Night Notions fleece-lined

Quidditch Fri 11-Sep-09 23:07:37

Sweet-night nappies! Absolutely amazing! 12 layers of bamboo in a winpro fleece outer, with polar fleece lining, and it all opens out to dry!
Absolutely fantastic night nappies

caen Sun 13-Sep-09 21:04:48

We use Slinki Minkis stuffed with a large microfibre cleaning cloth from the pound shop and a bamboo booster from our LL nappies. Rarely have problems and her skin feels dry in the morning.

AnnieLobeseder Sun 13-Sep-09 21:18:12

Little Kiwi Quick Flips - marvellous things!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now