Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

DD 2.5 - no signs of being ready

(7 Posts)
Mandymoo Thu 02-Jun-05 20:51:33

DD is 2.5 and i told myself that when she reached that age i would start potty training.

I may be ready but it appears that she isnt!

Have put her in knickers and have had a couple of wees on potty but majority of time its been accidents. She then gets upset cos she thinks she's done something wrong and this is the last thing i want.

Is 2.5 quite late for her not to be ready or am i being impatient? I guess i'm worried cos all my friends children are either dry or in process of becoming dry. I KNOW I KNOW!! I shouldnt compare but its soooo hard not to.

ANyway, should I worry??

Thanks

MANDY XXX

LIZS Thu 02-Jun-05 21:01:21

In a word No ! There is no point if she is getting upset about the accidents. dd was interested to a point before 2, if prompted , but got sidetracked and didn't train until 2 yrs 8 months. She just didn't appear to be able to voluntarily let go, and even after she was generally dry we had set backs. She is a stubborn soul and would deny the need to go, but then get upset if she misjudged it.

You may well find that your dd succeeds all of a sudden but I see no point in making it harder for her and creating work for yourself in the process. Perhaps her interests just lie elsewhere to her "friends" at the moment.

Mandymoo Thu 02-Jun-05 21:17:29

You are right - thanks for your reply. I certainly dont want to make it an issue when it doesnt need to be. I guess she will get there when she is ready.

Just needed to be told that!!! X

Dior Thu 02-Jun-05 21:19:33

Message withdrawn

Katemum Thu 02-Jun-05 21:21:06

Don't worry, relax and wait till she is ready, don't make life hard for yourself and her.

Mandymoo Thu 02-Jun-05 21:22:49

Dior

Yeah will prob try again in summer hols. Will be out in garden or on beach a lot so will be good opportunity to try again.

XX

darlingbud Thu 02-Jun-05 21:25:08

my dd is also 2.5 and I decided that we would do it over the 4 days that I had at home at the bank holiday. DD did wees and poos when I put her on the potty but we had soooo many accidents and she did not get the hang of anticipating wanting to go at all so we are back in nappies now and will leave it a bit longer. At least I know thatshe knows waht the potty is for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now