Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Nature babycare - smell funny??

(5 Posts)
ChocOrange05 Sun 06-Sep-09 21:01:43

We are reusable users but when I go away on hols or to visit people we usually use disposables, I like using eco ones but the Sainsbury's ones gave DS really bad nappy rash so we switched back to the Nature Babycare ones but they have a really horrid smell. I know they are biodegradeable and good for the environment which is important to me but the smell isn't nice. We just came back from a week in France where we used Pampers (only one I recognised on the shelf) and they didn't smell like that.

Has anyone else noticed this?

nevergoogledragonbutter Sun 06-Sep-09 21:03:08

nope. smell ok to me.
before use of course.
they smell like shit after smile

SingingBear Sun 06-Sep-09 21:04:53

Message withdrawn

swampster Sun 06-Sep-09 21:48:14

Hi Choccy! grin

I find Pampers smell the worst - like a perfumed fart, but chemically too. Huggies are nice, Nature Babycare used to be my dispo of choice till I heard they were made in Israel hmm - ridiculous amount of nappy miles aside from any other issues, and I really hated the Sainsbury eco ones - poo EVERYWHERE - worst nappy I have EVER tried. But of course that could just be down to the shape of my baby.

We are just back from a cloth-free holiday. I took a couple of Sugar Peas wraps to hide the despicables with and catch the poo.

ChocOrange05 Sun 06-Sep-09 22:27:53

Ha ha swampster I know what you mean about hiding the disposables, I feel so embarrassed when DS wears them and want to explain to everyone "at home we use reuseables". I mean, I don't judge people who don't use reusables (well, not much [wink}) but I feel wrong when I don't. Perhaps we should petition the airlines for a "Nappy Allowance" grin!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now