Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

what's best for cleaning radioactive b/f poo off clothes please?

(9 Posts)
DelGirl Wed 01-Jun-05 20:34:19

Title says it all really.

DD has had a couple of explosive nappies this past couple of days and i'm not sure what to use to try and clean her clothes that have got messed up. Any suggestions?

morningpaper Wed 01-Jun-05 20:34:45

I think you need petrol and a flame thrower.

giraffeski Wed 01-Jun-05 20:35:06

Message withdrawn

DelGirl Wed 01-Jun-05 20:37:27

lol mp Os there really no hope? I'll prob throw some of the stuff tbh, like her vests etc but I'd like to get it off her nice clothes though.

starlover Wed 01-Jun-05 21:14:43

i soak in napisan, and then use Shout spray on really tough stains.

i actually found that switching from ecover washing powder, to fairy non-bio helped too!

LeahE Wed 01-Jun-05 21:29:02

Try drying clothes in bright sunlight (if you can find any). It really works well to get radioactive stains out of cloth nappies so there's a good chance it will work on other things.

Laura032004 Thu 02-Jun-05 15:20:30

Probably just drying on a line will help - sunshine or not! Due to bad rain, ds's nappies have been dried indoors for a few days, and some of the liners were a bit stained, so yesterday they just went on the line in the rain (what must the neighbours think ), and they came up fine.

lucy5 Thu 02-Jun-05 15:21:47

sometimes it just wont come off, I used to use shout.

NannyL Thu 02-Jun-05 21:41:13

vancih oxy action also works really well especially when amde as the 'cream'

i would wash them twice afterwards tho if for baby, to ensure it wont irritate their deklicate skin...

sure after 2 washes with extra rinse selected they will be fine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now