Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Dry at night at 2.5 - is it possible?!?

(11 Posts)
chocolatequeen Wed 01-Jun-05 19:18:49

Hiya,

Have just potty trained DS relatively successfully at 2.5. He's been out of nappies for nearly 3 weeks, a few accidents but usually on nursery mornings: I think they just forget to keep asking him if he needs to go. Otherwise, he's doing pretty well. Every morning, his nappy is totally dry, pretty much without exception - if he needs a wee when he's in bed before he goes to sleep, he will come and ask for the potty rather than go in his nappy, and the same in the morning. I'm wondering whether it's worth taking his nappy off at night too, or if it is way too early?

Any ideas would be great - the other slight hiccup could be that he actually usually ends up in our bed at some point, so we need to be REALLY sure he can go all night!

Thanks

Xena Wed 01-Jun-05 19:20:02

My DS dry at day and night at 2.5
Please don't ask about DD though as she is still a nightmare at 3.3

tiffini Wed 01-Jun-05 19:21:53

My neice was dry at night by 2.6
My DS is still in nappies at night and he is 4.4 aaaarrrrrgggghhhh

Pollyanna Wed 01-Jun-05 19:30:25

my dd was dry day and night at 2.3 - she asked to take her nappy off at the same time. My ds was dry in the day and night at the same time too (but he was nearly 3!). Why don't you get a waterproof sheet and just give it a go?

MRSflamesparrow Wed 01-Jun-05 19:50:13

If he's coming in and asking for a potty, then I'd say then just waterproof up and go for it.

Oooh, try a baby moon pad for him!!! You can use it in your bed, or his then

moonpad

NannyL Wed 01-Jun-05 19:55:57

my charges best friend has slept in no nappies ince 2 years 5 months

A[art from a ffew accidents she is generally fine... YES it IS possible!

chicagomum Wed 01-Jun-05 20:15:12

is it possible to "train" a child to be dry at night. My dd is 3.5 and she has been dry during the day for 8 months, but still wears nappies at night, she uses the toilet before bed , we limit fluid intake in the run up to bedtime, but she still always wakes up with a sodden nappy

AtHomeMum Wed 01-Jun-05 20:19:45

dd1 was over 3 before i realised she weed in the morning & not at night. (she was potty trained soon after 2). I swapped to pull ups & she went on potty on waking & was dry. DD2 & dd3 were dry at night soon after potty training in day - i used pull ups & they were happy to go in morning.
I used the new pampers bed mats for dd3's bed in case of accidents, much better than our old waterproof mattress cover which made them far too hot & sweaty.

chicagomum Wed 01-Jun-05 20:27:34

first thing dd does in the morning (without assistance) is get up, put nappy in bin and go to the toilet (doing a wee everytime) so I don't think she does it in the morning just during the night when she's asleep, I guess she is totally unaware of it

ambrosia Wed 01-Jun-05 20:35:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chocolatequeen Wed 01-Jun-05 21:40:00

Thanks so much all of you - going to give it a go and hope that me and dh don't get washed out of bed on tide of wee. That will teach me for jumping the gun..... Like the sound of moon pads though, esp as pregnant again so could come in useful for me too!

Will keep you posted.

Cheers

x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now