Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Tots Bots falling apart

(13 Posts)
SoTiredOfTheWheelsOnTheBus Wed 02-Sep-09 13:07:51

I started using reusable nappies when ds was very little, and went for tots bots cotton ones, with motherease wraps. I've been really happy with them, but some of them are starting to look very threadbare. Admittedly ds is nearly two and a half, so goodness knows how many washes they've been through in the last couple of years, but one of the reason I liked the idea of reuseables was the idea that you could use them for more than one child. Not all of the nappies are like this (and they've all been washed the same amount). The towelling feels noticably thinner, there are some holes around the waistband and they're starting to look tatty. Have I just got a couple of duds, or was it unreasonable of me to expect them to last?

swampster Wed 02-Sep-09 22:59:45

After two and a half years of constantly being washed and worn, would you not expect anything to go a bit threadbare?

Reallytired Wed 02-Sep-09 23:10:13

I think that tots have lost their way. I think they have reduced their quality to save money. I am shocked at some of the nappies they have stopped producing. For example they no longer sell tot bots size threes.

The older tot bots I had bought for my son six years ago are in far better condition than some of the new tots I bought to supplement my collection.

I suggest that you get your self some thick luxury terries to keep you going until potty training.

morocco Wed 02-Sep-09 23:15:23

some of mine lasted for 3 kids, some gave up after 1. the aplix started off thinner than the nippa ones and gave up the ghost earlier. overall mine were good but don't know what their more recent ones are like

fruitstick Wed 02-Sep-09 23:16:55

I bought tots bots for DS1 and used them for a year. They are now being used for DS2 but are decidedly less fluffy than they wre.

But they are still useable. If yours are falling apart and have actual holes I would complain to the company and ask for replacements.

I was talking to a nappy agent recently who said there had been some problems with bad lots and they were more than happy to provide new ones.

Give it a go.

Octothechildherder Fri 04-Sep-09 14:24:34

I don't think the quality of totsbots has decreased at all - they are well made (in the UK) and last well. I would expect the fabric to thin a bit but holes may just be down to heavy wear, washing, drying etc - certainly wouldn't expect my money back esp if used for two and a half years. BUT I can see that you would be annoyed by the holes!

Ariela Sat 05-Sep-09 15:20:16

An awful lot depends on how you've washed and dried them. It's quite possible some could be washed a lot more than others, as I'm sure you're not going to be washing every single on each time you do a nappy wash. equally by chance some could be tumble dried a lot more than others. A particular note should be made that a large number of nappy selling website don't mention the fact that there are nappy laundry tabs for use when washing to stick the Aplix tabs back, and thus many people (not necessarily you) might not know what they're for. If you have the Aplix version it's quite possible the holes could have been caused by the Aplix during washing (even if you did use the laundry tabs they can get iunstuck), or if the Nippa version, by the Nippas.

MrsGladpuss Sat 05-Sep-09 15:28:58

I have tots bots flexi tots and some are looking decidedly threadbare after just 5 months!

Think I'll contact Tots or the shop I bought them from.

CarGirl Sat 05-Sep-09 15:31:40

you haven't tumble dried them have you as that does really wear them out more quickly?

aerobunny Sat 19-Sep-09 23:03:08

What does everyone think of the Tots Bots Easyfit???? I've heard good and bad reports. I've heard a lot saying they leak especially the fluffle version and the leg holes are too generous which is causing leaks. But others get on with them really well. Interested to find out?????

Quidditch Sun 20-Sep-09 08:25:19

Tots Bots started making their nappies in Turkey a while ago. The quality dropped drastically, and they have now, fairly recently, returned to making them in UK, presumably because of that. You probably have some of the Turkish made ones. The good quality seems to have returned again since they came back to UK.

Octothechildherder Sun 20-Sep-09 09:14:59

aerobunny - I like the bamboo easyfit but not the fluffle - the leg holes are quite big and I don't recommend for babies under 14lbs - after that they seem to work great.

alysonpeaches Sun 20-Sep-09 13:13:07

Ah, that explains one or two things. The fluffles are the only tots bots that fit DD2, but they all fitted DD1 and DD3. We NEED big leg holes.

Funnily enough, some of my bamboozles are looking a bit threadbare, but only the turquoise ones!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: