Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

New tabs on Nature baby Nappies

(9 Posts)
RetroMum1 Tue 01-Sep-09 11:11:14

We have just got through our old supply of Nature baby and are now using there new softer side tab ones.

I have found that they are useless several of them have ripped when opening them up and they also have often come undone on DD on one side.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Tue 01-Sep-09 11:13:54

what a nightmare, we have stopped using them and have reluctantly switched. We only use one a day now so I can't really be bothered to argue with them about it.

Everyone I know has stopped using them as a result of the new tabs. sad

crokky Tue 01-Sep-09 11:22:07

I have seen it mentioned somewhere as well, so I think many people have had this problem.

puffylovett Tue 01-Sep-09 11:29:26

My sister had a WHOLE pack where the tabs ripped off. she's still using them, but only because we have limited access to other good eco nappies. sad

LackaDAISYcal Tue 01-Sep-09 18:37:03

I imagine the store they were bought from would be happy to refund them

puffylovett, there are lots of places sell them online; I buy bambo nature disposables in bulk from spirit of nature and really like them; they are much softer than the nature baby ones smile

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Tue 01-Sep-09 18:39:58

Take them back and you should be refunded.

From what I remember, they are a batch of naff ones depending on their barcode.

If you have a look at the website you'll find more info.

RetroMum1 Wed 02-Sep-09 09:18:02

Lovely thank you, we are doing food shopping today so I will drop them in on my way

Bettymum Wed 02-Sep-09 09:21:46

I had a dreadful pack, the only way they would stay on is if DD had a vest over the top of them since the tabs were useless. But since then I've used a pack and a half of the ones with the new tabs, and they're fine. Must have just been a dodgy lot.
I did think about taking them back but didn't in the end, just used them as quick as I could.

moonbells Fri 04-Sep-09 09:54:43

Hi
I've been posting on the other Nature Babycare thread; only just spotted this one.

There's a lot of discussion on naty.com about the new tabs: story so far is they redesigned the nappy to be slimmer (read: cheaper to produce) and with new stretchy tabs. This was July. New tabs totally useless, would stretch then pop straight off again. Many howls of protest on the Naty website. Naty assures us there'll be a redesign of the tabs. The new-new ones were distributed on 4,4+ and 5 packs in August, and their website gives instructions on how to decode the date stamps on packs. They also give details on where to complain and get your credit vouchers!
Some people now say the new-new tabs are much better, some say there's still a problem. I'm sitting on the fence until people say it's really fixed. Naty now say they are redesigning again and there will be new packs in the next few weeks, with another sticker on to show us which they are.

Meanwhile, I'm using Sainsbury's and they're better for size but still not as good for leaking as the old Naty ones. I wish Naty would just go back to the old design: I'm about to suggest something to them, I've no idea how they'll take it!

Here's the other thread:
http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk?topicid=nappiespotty_trainingetc&threadid=784517-nature-babyc are-nappies-change-of-design

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now