Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

bloody knickers - what to do??!!

(12 Posts)
blossom2 Tue 31-May-05 18:39:39

DD is big & tall for her age (3yrs) and i've had to get knickers that are 4/5 yrs. They fit fine straight out of the packet but after only ONE wash, they seem to shrink and leave red marks at the waist. I only wash them at 40 degrees.

I've tried every brand available. She doesn't complain that her knickers are too small or hurt, but surely red marks indicates they are too small?!?

i can't believe something so trivial and silly is doing my head in!!! &

Anyone else have the same problem or offer any advice???

sparklymieow Tue 31-May-05 18:44:05

buy 5/6 and wash them first!!

lucy5 Tue 31-May-05 18:44:06

Cooler wash or handwash maybe.

Cooperoo Tue 31-May-05 18:44:59

Could it be a reaction to the elastic?

blossom2 Tue 31-May-05 18:48:35

Lucy5 - you're a better mum than me!!

I absolutely refuse to wash DD's knickers, especially when they have poo!!

It hasn't occurred to me that she might be reacting to the elastic. How do i know if its the elastic? and what do i do if it is a reaction of the elastic?!?!?! HELP

lucy5 Tue 31-May-05 18:52:23

oh no im good at advice, I dont do it myself, would probably throw really pooey ones away

vess Tue 31-May-05 21:08:21

buy boys' pants - they don't have an elastic next to the skin!

bigdonna Tue 31-May-05 22:12:42

my 6 yr old wears 7-8 and shes not very big,shes tall though.

morningpaper Tue 31-May-05 22:15:34

My 2 year old is TINY TINY for her age and most clothes are 9 - 18 months but for some reason she seems most comfortable in pants that are AT LESAT 3 - 4 years. I would try buying MUCH BIGGER sizes.

(It's funny because I also have to buy pants that are obviously MUCH bigger than can possibly be right for me ... )

bigdonna Tue 31-May-05 23:32:55

if you use a tumble drier they shrink.

Fran1 Tue 31-May-05 23:35:11

When you say every brand, does that include marks and spencer?

I have same probs with dd's knickers from most shops except for m&s, their sizes come up larger and they havn't shrunk. I wash on 40 and don't have a tumble dryer.

blossom2 Wed 01-Jun-05 11:27:37

Yeps, even Marks & Spencer ones are coming out small after a wash. Don't use a tumber dryer, just hung on a clothes horse ...

the search goes one ....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now