Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Explosive poos - right up the back, MOST times

(9 Posts)
Minniethemoocher Mon 31-Aug-09 10:45:56

Title says it all really, my 10 month old has explosive poos, that always go right up his back, so he always needs a change of clothes each time he poos.

I am using Huggies at the moment, have also tried Kirkland nappies from Costco, does anyone have any recommendations for nappies that can cope?

Please don't suggest reusables, as I work and couldn't cope with more washing!

elliepac Mon 31-Aug-09 10:51:23

I fully sympathise as DD (18months) went through a phase of this and it was a nightmare. Have you tried going up a size from the normal size nappies he would wear. That worked for me mostly.(We use Tesco own brand).

LaaDeDa Mon 31-Aug-09 11:00:42

My ds has always had this problem and if i don't change his nappy immediately it leaks up his back and down his legs.
I use pampers or tesco/asda own brand active fit and at night time put a nappy wrap over the top - the kind you use with reusables otherwise i end up washing his bedding most days too.

ziggyf Mon 31-Aug-09 19:47:05

Yep, definitely try a bigger size. I always found Asda nappies very good for poo containment. As Laadeda suggested, a nappy wrap over the top should help too - Motherease Airflow wraps always worked the best for us.

Hope that helps,
Z

Minniethemoocher Mon 31-Aug-09 21:32:39

Thanks, will try Tesco/ASDA/Pampers and the nappy wrap, I just can't keep up with the washing, especially when he poos 2/3 or more times a day!

purplesal Mon 31-Aug-09 22:27:23

Ah, but if you're washing all those clothes wouldn't it be just as easy to wash a nappy??
wink wink Serioulsy though, yes you would be washing nappies but you wouldn't be washing clothes or bedding as well. Reusables are just so much better for containment as they have more elastic. Do you live near anyone that does nappy trial buckets that you could try?

octopusinabox Tue 01-Sep-09 21:43:26

A bigger size. I've only ever had this with disposables and it's been solved by using a bigger size. Have to say that I've never had this problem with cloth - they fit far better and don't leak even with really runny newborn breastfed poo.

Meglet Tue 01-Sep-09 21:46:21

Bigger size and vests that popper up to keep the nappy in place.

ilovespagbol Wed 09-Sep-09 22:51:21

Sainsbury's extra dry and a re-usable wrap (the waterproof bit) over the top for containment? Agree with octopusinabox Disposable nappies always seem to gape. I use Mothercare smartnappies and they come with a washable bit or a disposable bit so you get the convenince of a disposable and the containment of a resable, if you get my drift.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now