Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What information would you have found most useful when starting up using cloth nappies?

(10 Posts)
JennyPenny22 Fri 28-Aug-09 23:45:05

I am creating my own nappy website at the moment and will be doing lots of local work giving advice and sales on cloth nappies.

Have already written up a fair bit of info but want to make sure I am not missing anything important.

If anybody has anything to add then I would be really grateful!

mumface Sat 29-Aug-09 11:00:34

-The difference between boosters & inserts. I bought then wrong thing early on.
-Make sure boys bits are pointing down.I panicked my nappies were useless & leaking when all the wee went out the top/side.

Octothechildherder Sat 29-Aug-09 17:08:59

Buy decent wraps - can't go wrong then!

duvetheaven Sat 29-Aug-09 18:28:25

Don't buy 20 nappies until you have tried 2 or 3 out first. It really annoys me when nappy sellers try to sell huge amounts of the same nappy and never mention that best to try a few at a time. Although I suppose that is business for you. hmm I always go back to businesses when it is clear they are not just in it for the money but giving good advice as well.

duvetheaven Sat 29-Aug-09 18:30:30

Oh yes and that there is a cloth nappy for every baby - you just need to find it smile

Octothechildherder Sat 29-Aug-09 18:42:46

Yes and that not everyone is an all in one baby!

KirstyJC Sun 30-Aug-09 10:36:04

That pretty much any insert can go in any nappy - eg you can use BG inserts in a slinky minky, or a small BG insert as a booster inside a shaped etc. I spent ages at first trying to match up all the inserts - and even put nappies to one side waiting for their specific inserts to be dry.

Now I just put whatever inserts I have dry into whatever nappy he is using - and it's all fine!

Also definitely second the comment about not buying loads of nappies in one brand until you have tried a few.

And maybe add a warning that it will become totally addictive and you won't be able to stop buying them....grin

BlueChampagne Wed 02-Sep-09 15:00:14

Don't bother using liners till you're weaning.

Freecycle can be a good place for real nappies.

alysonpeaches Thu 03-Sep-09 14:45:54

Try before you make a big investment. Get second hand or freecycle ones to see which ones suit YOUR baby. I have found that what suits one baby doesnt always make a perfect fit on the next baby. (Or are mine just all different shapes and sizes?) grin (LOL at misshape babies)

thehairybabysmum Thu 03-Sep-09 14:56:51

Best advice i had was from a real nappy user who said dont try it for the first 6 weeks, use disposables until then. Much less chance of you giving up on them altogether.

Also please dont state that you simply 'let the poo drop into the loo' With DS1 this never ever happen...always a sluice around in the loo job. Only when i had ds2 did i realise the benefit of a less 'loose' poo grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now