Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Opinions on Tots bots and Bumgenius

(41 Posts)
kmummy Mon 24-Aug-09 14:53:13

Im looking at getting an all in one but am torn between the three, do any of you ladies use them and whats the pros and cons, many thanks.....

Easy fit (totsbots)
Pocket tots (totsbots)
Bumgenius V3

purplesal Mon 24-Aug-09 15:24:11

Can I add Lollipop Pop'n'Gro into your mix.

Easifit - I don't like the outer fabric that TB use - it's very plasticky and the leg bindings are very hard. No leg gssets. Bamboo version takes ages to dry, but fluffle version would be quicker. But slim fitting and funky colours

Pocket Tots - don't know about these so can't comment

Bumgenius - lovely and soft. Quick drying. Slim fitting. Nice colours. No leg gusset.

Pop'n'Gro - Funky colours. No fiddly pocket to stuff. Comes with both a microfibre booster and a slim bamboo booster so you can mix and match to get right level of absorbency and fit. Quick drying (except for teh bamboo booster). But most importantly has leg gussets. Very soft.

4andnotout Mon 24-Aug-09 15:29:36

Easy Fit: Bamboo version are fantastic, not so keen on the fluffle, wash well and dry quickly, dd4 wore a bamboo version overnight last night without leaks. Colours are good, fabric of the coloured ones is stiffer than the plian white ones IMO.

Pocket Tots: Haven't tried.

Bumgenius V3: I personally find that the MF insert wicks a bit, were prone to leaks, we definately couldn't use over night. But colours are lovely, quick drying, slim fitting.

Pop n Gro: Easy to use, great colours,no leaks, quick to dry, wash well but quite bulky when on and when in changing bag.

ChocOrange05 Mon 24-Aug-09 17:01:32

Bumgenious: not so keen on the materials and the velcro tabs seem to come away easier, especially if DS is lying on the carpet.

I love the Tots Bots EasyFit AIO's - I just bought 2 more to use as night nappies. They are quite slim fitting for AIO's (IMO more so than BG) and I really like the outer and inner materials and the colours/prints are great. I just bought some from here for a good price and they arrived next day (no I'm not working for them, just a good experience grin).

For daytime nappies, Itti Bitti's are my absolute favourites.

nappyzoneisback Mon 24-Aug-09 17:11:57

Now if were throwing in others i would throw in happy heiny onesize and greenkids grin

on the subject asked though i would say the new v3 is pretty fool proof and of all my customers the one that tends to be the most popular of the ones you mention and as its currently on 7 for the price of 6 till end of august a good buy wink

I like the pocket tot on my toddler before he trained, i dont know how they fair on a smaller baby but plenty buy them - they are cheap so may be worth trying one. Some sellers would put together a little trial selection initially.

I had an easyfit fluffle type - it fit nice and was absorbant but as it didnt have the stay dry liner like the other 2 my lo got red bits.

Octothechildherder Mon 24-Aug-09 17:50:48

All the ones that have been mentioned are great - but my favourite atm is the Dream Dri - no pocket to stuff and easy to use and you can get a couple of bamboo ones for night time. Pocket tots are a great price and made in the UK which is great for business!

Yorky Mon 24-Aug-09 18:31:49

Just to confuse you can I say I prefer the fluffle easifit to the bamboo - I don't find the bamboo as absorbent as, for example, the lollipop bamboo or the close parent pop-in. DS leaks out of it quite quickly. Find the fluffle much easier to stuff too.
I love the colours of the pop'n'gro.
Love the drying time of the dream-dri (synthetic version of the pop-in) and the pop'n'gro.
Generally not keen on pockets though, 2 parter at heart - bomb proof is always an advantage and gussets are good, but a second line of defence is better!
Do you know anyone you could borrow some to see if your DC fits one better than another?

kmummy Mon 24-Aug-09 20:36:50

Oh god i even more confused now!

I am a total nappy virgin so have no idea of the nappy lingo etc, do some all in one nappies have to be stuffed on top of what you buy?

Im going to have a look at the recommendations too...unfortunatly i dont have anyone who uses reusables, i keep getting 'looks' when i say im going to give them a go...theres so many different opinions on the same ones...am i better off buying one of each or is that going to be a total waste of money....

nappyzoneisback Mon 24-Aug-09 21:02:34

The pocket tot and bg you mentioned are pocket nappies (onesize pocket nappies) that come complete with the inserts you place inside them which absorb all the goodies and they have a stay dry layer on top mostly. The easy fit is an all in one so no stuffing involved - some take longer to dry as you dont have the benefit of seperating for washing and drying. smile

ceb80 Mon 24-Aug-09 21:51:57

<<Wink Wink Nudge Nudge>> grin
Check out for sale board for BG aio and GK, open to offers!

4andnotout Mon 24-Aug-09 22:01:14

You can take the booster out of the easyfit to make it dry quicker

Octothechildherder Tue 25-Aug-09 08:12:03

I don't like the easyfit fluffle - only the bamboo one!

purplesal Tue 25-Aug-09 08:16:30

kmummy - where do you live? Maybe you could find a local nappy advisor to give you a demo and show you the different types - Lollipop have the widest spread of advisors but there a few other companies around.

I do nappy trial kits and have all teh above except for the pocket tots. PM me if you'd like further info - but I go away tomorrow for 6 days so either PM me quick today or it will have to wait until next Monday.

ChocOrange05 Tue 25-Aug-09 08:48:19

kmummy I was in your situation a couple of months ago, following recomendations from MN-ers I bought one or two of a few different nappies (mine were BumGenius, Tots Bots EasyFit AIO, Blueberry Minky and Itti Bitti) - this helped me try a few different ones out. Its really the only way you will know if they work for you.

You could buy a couple second hand first to try them? As I said before I am not keen on my BG (but I know lots of people are) so I would be happy to sell it to you, its only a few months old - its like this one and you can have it for £10 including P&P. CAT me or let me know on here.

kmummy Tue 25-Aug-09 09:56:02

Hey ladies ive had a good look around and i really like the look of the lollipop popngro, i didnt even know it existed! Also the itti bitti looks lovely, i like the look of these alot...!

I think i may buy one of each and try them out, has anybody used them?

kmummy Tue 25-Aug-09 10:01:53

Purplesal, i dont have it set up to enable me to contact you, ive allowed my email though so i think you can pm me, thanx

ChocOrange05 Tue 25-Aug-09 10:13:55

Itti Bitti's are fab, so soft and pretty, the most important aspect of nappies grin. They aren't as absorbent as Tots Bots/BumGenius/BBOS in my experience but they are really slim fitting (so great for some outfits that are getting too small for reusable nappy wear) and last at least 3 hours so sufficient (just not as a night nappy).

There used to be a website where you could buy 3 itti's for £36?? Aha, here you go!

4andnotout Tue 25-Aug-09 10:23:20

Babybots are only £11.59 for itti's all the time

nappyzoneisback Tue 25-Aug-09 10:26:14

Choccy your so right - wasnt there a thread where someone had lasted overnight with an itti ? - i have to say my boy lasted as well in an itti as anything. Yes 3 for £36 i am grin it is with free posting as well. The prints were just divine Dissapointing we couldnt get anymore but i still have some in small and medium.

ChocOrange05 Tue 25-Aug-09 10:31:40

Yes that was mine - but I think it was a fluke!! I'm not brave enough to try it again!! grin

kmummy Tue 25-Aug-09 10:38:35

Ah i love this sight hehe, the cheapest i could find was two for £25!

I shall go have a looksie now.....NZIB is it your website then? My lo is almost 16lb at 5months..hes bfed so quite lean but has a bit of height too...what size would last me?

Are the ittis a winner all round then...no-one has said anything bad about them...they look so soft and compfy for him - is it sad im starting to fall in love with a reusable nappy lol!

4andnotout Tue 25-Aug-09 10:41:44

The only problem that i have with itti's is that they are so bloody addictive grin I have completed the rainbow (barring 2 of the limited editions) in both medium and large blush I also have rather swanky itti bitty shopping bags <<swoon>>

nappyzoneisback Tue 25-Aug-09 10:51:18

Yes thats my site - i cant advetise it on threads though as my ad expired in the small ads bit a month or so ago..... the time has flew by.... im 3 in february !

kmummy Tue 25-Aug-09 10:57:05

They do look like they will be addictive....whats this bag you speak of!

Any rec on what size i should go for, how long would medium last for weight wise...?

4andnotout Tue 25-Aug-09 11:00:41

My dd4 is in 9-12 clothes and is 10 months and in mediums, dd3 is 23 months wearing 18-24 clothes and in larges, i have no idea what they weigh as im really lax about baby clinics!

The bag is a promotional item i got sent, i love it and use it all the time showing my cloth allegience!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now