Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Tots bots wrap, leg wicking or leak, any solutions?

(15 Posts)
alysonpeaches Fri 21-Aug-09 11:01:31

Once or twice I have noticed that the leg binding seems wet on the tots bots wraps I bought recently. I think these are probably the original wraps as they were the 1.99 ones from best buys 4 baby on ebay. (OK so it serves me right for buying a shed load).

Apart from using another wrap is there a remedy that anyone has found? Will a booster help?

MrsBadger Fri 21-Aug-09 11:13:44

a booster may help

what nappy are you using underneath?

is the nappy touching the edges of the wrap (iyswim) - it won't wick if it;s not touching? afair the tots wraps are quite high cut in the leg so don't have the overlap of (eg) the Airflow

how long are you leaving it between changes?

personally if they are just a bit damp I leave it to air and put on a clean one, then reuse the first once dry.

4andnotout Fri 21-Aug-09 11:14:58

The original tots wraps always wicked for me, the new ones are much better.

alysonpeaches Fri 21-Aug-09 11:30:36

Which booster Mrs Badger, please? Was just going to order some and I have decided that if I get some I will get fleece topped to save time putting in a liner. I noticed that there are hemp boosters, bamboo boosters, cotton boosters, various brands also. What do you recommend?

Got tots bots nappies underneath btw. Some bamboo, some cotton, some fluffle. The fluffle are worst for leaks. I wonder if I need to do some more pre washes? Most have had 2 or 3 but I know they increase in absorbency.

I used to use a microfibre cloth as a booster with DD1, or a small prefold.

PolkSaladLucie Fri 21-Aug-09 11:36:43

I exclusively use fluffles with TB wraps and have never nopticed this (only 1 leak with explosion of poo). How often do you change lo and how old is he/she?

I often leave the same wrap on change after change, or swap between two.

MrsBadger Fri 21-Aug-09 11:48:49

I found the absorbancy of fluffles crap compared to cotton TB, I'm afraid, even after extensive washing, so they are the most prone to leak / wick.

ATM I use Bimbles and bumbles which are fleece lined anyway, and a bunch of random boosters, mostly secondhand. The hemp win for slimness vs capacity but do take longer to dry. Get ones that unfold if possible.

how old is child? migth it be time to move up a size?

or jsut buy some airflows - secondhand are fine

Octothechildherder Fri 21-Aug-09 13:36:12

hhmm yes the original tots wraps were useless! fluffles need a good 5 washes to get them to absorbency.

Some new wraps - motherease or onelife would be good.

alysonpeaches Fri 21-Aug-09 13:48:16

Ive already got some motherease for the younger child, and I will be using these at night. My girls are 2 yrs 1 month; and 11 months. Their older sister had bimbles which were great but of course I sold them on when she was trained (didnt expect any more!!). I have noticed the leaks on the older girl more.

Will look for some hemp boosters then.

mumface Fri 21-Aug-09 16:34:55

I remember reading somewhere that you can rub lanolin into seams of a wrap if they are wicking.

alysonpeaches Sat 22-Aug-09 17:57:31

Mumface thats a brill idea. I havent got any lanolin though!!! I wonder if vaseline works?

mumface Sat 22-Aug-09 18:51:11

Apparently Lasinoh cream works if you have any of that.

rachelinscotland Sat 22-Aug-09 21:31:21

Afraid the old style wraps certainly do get a lot of moisture on the bindings. But if you can get a new style wrap, you'll be very impressed! Their bindings are just like Motherease wraps and keep all the moisture inside, even with a totally soaked nappy!

alysonpeaches Mon 24-Aug-09 19:05:08

Will try and get some lasinoh.

I will try and get a newstyle one, tbh Im trying to get some motherease in larger sizes.

alysonpeaches Wed 26-Aug-09 14:21:40

Got lasinoh. Do you just rub it round the leg bindings? How often?

alysonpeaches Tue 01-Sep-09 22:33:17

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I have some motherease now, but on the eldest they really dig in at night on the leg.

I solved the problem with the tots by using hemp boosters and Lasinoh it really works! Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now