Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Washable wipes - how are the fleece ones?

(11 Posts)
alysonpeaches Mon 17-Aug-09 22:26:57

Ive used washable wipes for a few years, the ones I have are either towelling or flanelette (cotton), Ive made my own solutions for them but have concluded that plain water is as good as anything. I like to keep them in a box and wet them with boiled water. I sometimes use a water spray, sometimes with a camomile infusion.

As my stocks were running low, I went on ebay to buy some more. I found lots of fleece ones, but somehow I cant imagine fleece being that good at wiping. Am I wrong? I just wondered what they were like as they are much cheaper than the cotton ones, as these are all overlocked to stop them fraying. (I know I can buy cheapo facecloths too, I have plenty of these, but I like a smaller size cotton wipe).

duvetheaven Mon 17-Aug-09 22:33:46

I bought some Ella's house ones from Bibsnbots . They were £2 for 5 and are overlocked - fleece on one side and cotton (?) on the other? They are more effective than fleece wipes which I also have. Fleece work OK but the overlocked seem to be better.

cheesesarnie Mon 17-Aug-09 22:36:50

i made fleece wipes by chopping up a blanket from the pound shop.they dont fray and were fine to use.dry quickly so always had big supply.

ABitWrong Mon 17-Aug-09 22:37:47

No, fleece isn't very good at all.

Octothechildherder Mon 17-Aug-09 23:01:35

Fleece can 'smooth' over rather than remove - bamboo ones are nice.

JennyPenny22 Tue 18-Aug-09 01:37:31

WeeNotions do double sided wipes at a good price. About £4 for 10 depending on which ones you order. ALl custom made so you can choose what you have. These are my favourite ones anyway. I have some fleece ones that I made by chopping up a blanket. They work fine, but not as good as double sided ones. Fleece is great for when they have sore bums. I hated my cotton wipes as I found they weren't gentle enough but I do have hard water so they go crunchy here.

Fleece is very cheap and cheerful. Does the job but not a luxtury.

purplesal Tue 18-Aug-09 07:51:28

i found fleece wipes just smeared the mess around - even worse than babywipes. So cotton, bamboo or cotton and fleece for me always.

4andnotout Tue 18-Aug-09 07:54:58

I have a mix of wipes, the fleece ones i find don't stay wet so always need to rewet before wiping which can be annoying if out and about. However fleece is lovely and soft on their skin.

Wiggletastic Tue 18-Aug-09 09:21:23

I have the cotton one side/fleece the other side ones and find these give the best of both worlds. Can't remember where I got them blush but they are great.

I just buy fleece/cotton/towelling from the market or cheap towels from the pound shop and cut them up.

I made my own and loads for friends, I think fleece works really well, it doesn't stain, it dries really quickly and is very soft, I do use them dry for poo's though or they smear.

KirstyJC Tue 18-Aug-09 18:04:54

I agree, use fleece dry for poos. I use fleece and a water spray - tend to spray his bum and wipe with fleece. For wees, I can either spray him or the fleece. I don't like them too wet 'cos they don't work as well, but they never stain and dry in seconds so I really like them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now