Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

a booster to make BG last at night?

(9 Posts)
eggybrokenoff Sat 15-Aug-09 11:01:21

DS wetting through the insert with two newborn boosters - would getting hemp or bamboo boosters help? don't really want to buy any more nappies, but don't really want to use disposables if i can help it

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Sat 15-Aug-09 11:10:14

something slim so i would advise hemp or bamboo - greenkids do some small thin bamboo boosters whichi used to use - i used to use ellas house hemp inserts alot also folded in my night nappies.

Octothechildherder Sat 15-Aug-09 20:09:22

Message withdrawn

notanidea Tue 18-Aug-09 18:27:12

Been using BG from 2 months.Dd is 13 months and it leaks.I have started using the newborn booster as well as the folded one.Is it true that if you wash them without sopa the soap residue will go away and will have no more leaks-the fit is good and she is only on the middle popper.TIA

JennyPenny22 Tue 18-Aug-09 21:10:06

The thing is, if you boost a daytime pocket like bumgenious too much, you will end up with a gape at the leg and it will leak again.
I know you say you don't want to buy anything new but really a Bumgenious won't be much good at night when you have a toddler (no idea how old your Ds is).

JennyPenny22 Tue 18-Aug-09 21:14:10

Notanidea - if you have a build up of washing powder on your inserts then it would be good to "strip" them. Just wash them several times with no washing powder (at 60 if they are suitable for a 60 wash). If they are smelling then add white vinegar to the first wash.

notanidea Tue 18-Aug-09 23:25:37

thanks.she is 13months.

alysonpeaches Thu 20-Aug-09 22:04:33

Not sure how the booster fits in these, but have you tried microfibre cloths?

Trouty13 Thu 20-Aug-09 22:49:50

I think bamboo boosters could help - the Lollipop bamboo boosters are good - triple layer bamboo and not too bulky but being bamboo and triple layer, they do take a while to dry!! But if you are only using them at night it is not too much of an issue. I find that a mix of the BG microfibre inserts and Lollipop bamboo boosters works well. I don't seem to have a problem with gaping at the leg.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now