Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Nappies on holiday

(12 Posts)
greensnail Thu 13-Aug-09 14:55:19

We're going on holiday in a couple of weeks and will be without a washing machine for the first 4 nights while we're travelling. This shouldn't be a problem as I normally wash twice a week, but I'm wondering how best to store the wet nappies while we're on the move.

I think the easiest thing would be if I could get a couple of big wet bags to store them all in. Does anyone know where I can get a wet bag big enough - or have any other good ideas?

Wigeon Thu 13-Aug-09 15:27:37

Use disposables...the posh "green" ones if you like.

We use real nappies at home and Sainsburys own brand disposables when we are on holiday.

4andnotout Thu 13-Aug-09 18:39:08

Monkeyfootbags do xl wet nappy bags which would do the job Nappy wardrobe stocks them (and octo who owns it is mner!)

greensnail Thu 13-Aug-09 19:40:53

wow, those bags are beautiful thank you Might have to use a few sposies if we run out before we reach washing facilities but hope to manage without

4andnotout Thu 13-Aug-09 21:58:33

I have two of those bags coming so im hoping they are as good in the flesh as the photo's!

I have just spent 3 weeks camping in france and i used cloth whilst we were there and just used the 'sposies whilst travelling.
Happy Holidays!!

greensnail Thu 13-Aug-09 22:27:35

Have just ordered mine while DH wasn't looking. Is it wrong that I'm really excited about wet bags?

4andnotout Thu 13-Aug-09 22:29:39

As whitney sings "It's not right but it's ok" grin

What colour did you go for? Im getting xl in pink boho and small for wipes in clementine boho.

greensnail Thu 13-Aug-09 22:33:49

I got 2 xl's - boho and jungle jam. Now wondering whether i should have got a wipes one too....

4andnotout Thu 13-Aug-09 22:36:34

My plan is to use the xl instead of a nappy bucket at home, the small for wipes and im going to buy either a medium or large for the nappy bag to carry dirties home.

greensnail Thu 13-Aug-09 22:41:22

I think i might replace one of my buckets with one of the bags, once i've finished using them both while on holiday. Then maybe use the second bag for swimming. I seem to have lost my wet bag that normally lives in changing bag so that may need replacing too with a medium. I hope they really are as beautiful as they look.

Oh well, it makes a change from buying nappies grin

4andnotout Sat 15-Aug-09 15:47:02

Mine came and are beautifull in the flesh!

greensnail Sun 16-Aug-09 20:54:00

Yes I got home from weekend away to find mine on the doormat too. Am so pleased with them - exactly what I wanted - thanks for pointing me in the right direction grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now