Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Potty training: Poo success is 50%; we're going on holiday next week. What should we do?

(11 Posts)
beatie Thu 26-May-05 11:25:40

I already wrote a post about our dd. She has been potty trained for a month and it was relatively easy. She's just started to have more accidents with # 2s though and is down to 50% success. Granted, all these accidents have happened at home or nursery and not out and about.

BUT ~ we're going to Copenhagen for 5 days next week and I am not sure what to do. We will be out and about everyday and perhaps won't always know where the nearest toilet is as soon as my dd needs to go. She's pretty good about holding in wees but I am sure her poo problem is due to her not recognising the signs that she needs to go before it is imminent.

Should we pack a potty? I suppose it wouldn't be too difficult to wrap the potty in a bag until we found a toilet to empty it in. Trouble is, I don't want to encourage her to do wees in the potty when we're out and about, as those are messier to carry around. Any ideas?

foolysh Thu 26-May-05 11:37:44

Pullups, some of them are very close to being like knickers, if it were me, I wouldn't bring a potty. Touristy places usually have toilets well-signposted. It's only one week.

aloha Thu 26-May-05 11:48:10

Ds almost never tells us he is going to wee or poo so we take him to the loo when we think he needs it (very regularly). It's stressful but it works about 90% of the time. So you could stop asking her to tell you and just take her for the duration, or use pullups and still take her but have the extra insurance.

beatie Thu 26-May-05 12:06:16

Only problem is my dd seems to have the most irregular bowel movements I know of! If I go out with her I do make regulated trips to the toilet with her but sometimes she'll have a wee and then 10 minutes later need a poo.

I guess we'll work it out once we're over there. I hate to go back to pull-ups because she ends up wee-ing in them.

Furball Thu 26-May-05 12:34:54

You could also get something like This as a 'just in case'.

milward Thu 26-May-05 12:48:03

Could take a travel potty - tommy tippee make one. Has liners that are thrown away afterwards.

beatie Thu 26-May-05 13:16:30

Are the travel potties any good?

beatie Thu 26-May-05 13:17:38

Seems like it would be cheaper to use a regular potty and put a nappy inside of the potty than buy those liners.

Surfermum Thu 26-May-05 13:23:30

Hi Beatie. DD has just been potty trained too. When I go out now I just take the potty with me, and if she needs to go I find somewhere discrete for her. She hasn't done a poo when out, but I have a carrier bag for the potty in case she does, but wees I have just put down the nearest drain. The travel potty looks good though.

donnie Thu 26-May-05 13:48:34

you can get a travel potty in John Lewis too. For the liners ( for wee) it is much cheaper to buy a load of sanitary towels than the potty liners! and plenty of plastic bags etc.

alibubbles Thu 26-May-05 14:40:03

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now