Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Barrier Creams?

(9 Posts)
flamesparrow Thu 26-May-05 08:33:06

Just bein nosey - who uses barrier creams with every change, or only if there is redness, or never?

And why?

For me, I use them as little as I can - before DD went into cloth I was using drapolene when she got nappy rash (she never got "a bit sore" - she was fine, or she had big huge sores), then when we switched to cloth I used silk liners soaked in camomile and honey when she was sore. I don't like the idea of using creams all the time, but I was wondering why people do.

That was a lot of thinking from me at this time of day!!!

starshaker Thu 26-May-05 08:34:56

i use sudocream but thats cos dd has thrush on her bum poor wee thing and the doc says it will help keep it rash free but up till then i didnt use it

tassis Thu 26-May-05 08:40:17

I only use if he's red and sore. used to use sudocrem, recently discovered metanium which zaps any redness much more quickly

jessicasmummy Thu 26-May-05 08:43:43

only use it if she needs it - which is every change at the moment due to teething bless her xx

chipmonkey Fri 27-May-05 12:00:02

Have never needed cream since starting cloth. ds3 got thrush in hospital while using Moltex.

Maisiemog Sat 28-May-05 12:53:52

I do use barrier cream everytime. I like the idea of a barrier between the urine and my baby's skin. Now he is being weaned, he poos a lot more and if I don't notice immediately, he does get a bit of a red bum, I hope the barrier cream minimises the contact with his skin a bit more.

Chandra Sat 28-May-05 13:04:07

Only when is needed, which is only when he is teething AND if the skin is sore.

daisy1999 Sat 28-May-05 13:49:42

metanium is magical.
if ever you are faced with nappy rash it clears it up almost instantly.

jessicasmummy Sat 28-May-05 13:51:52

we have been using a cream from the doctors called Nystan Cream because jess got so bad that normal creams weren't touching. Doc says safe to use whenever she gets red bum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now