Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Whats new in nappies? Suggestions for previous user who needs update and re stock

(12 Posts)
alysonpeaches Mon 10-Aug-09 14:11:56

A few years ago I used various cloth nappies with some success. Prefolds were OK whilst she was tiny, but when she started moving around I went on to Little Lambs and Tots Bots. I also liked Nature Babies and Bimbles. Didnt like stuffable nappies.

I now have a 10 month old with a sore bot that nothing will shift and I have decided to go back to cloth. Unfortunately I sold/gave away my stock as I thought 4 kids and cloth nappies equals no time. I have a few terries which I am using but prefer something shaped. I dont want to do what I did last time and buy a few of these and a few of those, I want a complete outfit at a bargain price, maybe second hand, but I dont know what to look for or if anything new and fantastic has been invented.

Suggestions please?

swampster Mon 10-Aug-09 15:07:08

Give stuffables another go! They are light-years ahead of where they used to be. I first used cloth nappies five years ago on DS1 and found pockets a nightmare. Now, with DS3, I have developed a serious fluff addiction as Ittis, Blueberries, and loads of others are just so strokeable!

For second hand, get yourself to Cloth Nappy Tree, UK Parents Lounge, The Used Nappy Site, and the for sale boards here, of course.

ilovemydogandmrobama Mon 10-Aug-09 17:47:11

You will find there's a lot of bamboo options which is great from an environmental stance as it cultivates quickly and doesn't consume many resources.

Tots Bots Bamboozles
Baby Beehind Bamboo Fleece

There's also been a trend recently for all in ones (aios) which are like a disposable. No stuffing or wrap needed.

Bum Genius is (are?) good, but I prefer the sized aios, but the one size obviously are better value.

swampster Mon 10-Aug-09 17:57:48

And bamboo is waaaaaaaaaay more absorbent than cotton.

twoclimbingboys Mon 10-Aug-09 21:13:29

My favourites are ud soy fitteds (these are fleece lined - could be good for keepiong her bum dry if it is sore), wee notions northern lights, bamboo sandys.

Some pockets are fab - Blake has a lovely upsy daisy side snap pocket with minkee inner and outer.

jammietart Mon 10-Aug-09 21:26:07

A bit like you I have just come back to cloth nappies after a 4 year break. Haven't tried many but I have been very impressed with Ittis. I had previously used Tots Bots and they were very good but last time I looked at their website I struggled to get my head round the choices available!

alysonpeaches Mon 10-Aug-09 22:25:25

Ive just bought some Sandys Bamboo from ebay, and cant wait for them to arrive. I think these might have been around last time, but they seemed more expensive then. I did have a few Clwt Twt Bamboo and they were nice, but I wasnt sure they were any more absorbent. I still feel that a 2 piece thingy is probably better for me as I didnt change the wrap every time.

Which of the all in ones are best then? and what are ud soy fitteds?

twoclimbingboys Mon 10-Aug-09 22:36:09

sorry - that was really dopey of me to abbreviate

here is a link to upsy daisy. On the drop down you would need to select frech soy. If you email they also do bamboo velour inners rather than microfibre just to make them extra nice on their bums! For some reason they haven't got the night nappies on the site at the moment, but the soy ones of those are really excellent too.

BlueChampagne Fri 14-Aug-09 16:53:45

Keep an eye on Freecycle too.

Octothechildherder Tue 18-Aug-09 19:37:34

Lollipop have £120 offers for 20 nappies/6 covers - bargain! wink

Babybots Tue 18-Aug-09 21:38:07

Hi,

If you are looking for something that wont break the bank and is easy to use as well as reliable there is always the coolababy pocket nappies.

alysonpeaches Sun 04-Oct-09 23:00:23

Right, so I have been back in cloth 2 months now, or at least the children have.

DD2 aged 2, I prefer sandy's with booster and motherease wrap. At night I prefer fuzzibunz with 4 inserts and a fleece wrap or a motherease rikki over the top as insurance.

DD3 aged just 12 months, does well in tots bots: bamboozles or cotton, covered with a motherease wrap (what else?). I have also got some pop in dream dry, which are OK for her for daytime and other odd nappies such as motherease AIO (for DD2), a couple of ellas house hemp, some little lambs which I also like, but the wraps are rubbish, a bambinex AIO which is OK, and a huge box full of various boosters. Yes they are taking over the house.

So just about all of your recommendations were followed! Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now