Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Ever felt like shouting at a strange for buying disposables?

(12 Posts)
blueballoons Sun 09-Aug-09 15:46:02

Well, dont.

To the person who accosted my husband this afternoon in the Kingston Waitrose and harassed him loudly for ruining the planet by buying some pajama pants: what on earth did you think you would accomplish by this? "oh right, this unpleasant shouty stranger must be right, I shall abandon the errand my DW sent me on immediately and go home and convince her of the benefits of daily sleeping bag laundry on our camping trip?"

If you want to vent, come here. If you want to change the world, join WEN or friends of the earth, or do good works.

And btw shouty lady - I wore out my MEOS until they were threadbare - I and my DH are not your enemy.

Whew, just had to get that off my chest.

bigchris Sun 09-Aug-09 15:48:11

shock

Tamarto Sun 09-Aug-09 15:50:39

Your poor DH, what a mentalist i'd have told her to mind her own bloody business. shock

deaddei Sun 09-Aug-09 15:53:11

Christ blue balloons, I'd have wanted to deck her (metaphorically speaking of course).
What did DH say????

cheesesarnie Sun 09-Aug-09 15:54:02

blimey!what did your poor dh say?

HecatesTwopenceworth Sun 09-Aug-09 15:54:37

good god. some people have got a bloody nerve!

Jaquelinehyde Sun 09-Aug-09 15:56:55

OMG what a total wierdo!!

blueballoons Sun 09-Aug-09 16:05:32

DH has a kind polite way with crazy people. He patiently tried to explain why we needed to buy them while attempting a quick exit. I wish he'd shouted back though because he came home quite rattled and oversensitive to criticism (like when I asked him why he bought the wrong size - now I know why).

sarah293 Sun 09-Aug-09 16:07:30

Message withdrawn

TheProvincialLady Sun 09-Aug-09 16:12:26

There really are some mentalists out there aren't there? Sorry your DH encountered one of them.

HecatesTwopenceworth Sun 09-Aug-09 16:14:46

What's the betting she walked out of there and got into her 4x4 and drove the 100feet home to start packing for her holiday abroad grin

I find that's the type, iyswim.

caen Sun 09-Aug-09 20:57:11

I live near that Waitrose so I'm very tempted to stake out the nappy aisle to witness the odd woman. 2:1 chance of her having a 4x4 in that car park!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now