Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

help, nappy is scraching his inner tights

(5 Posts)
bluetortoise Sat 08-Aug-09 22:03:41

hello everyone, my 19mts old toddler has been using real nappies for a long time. His legs are a little bit on the short side and some of the nappies with inserts that he uses has been scratching on his inner tights giving him a sort of rash. It looks red with some tiny red spots. I have tried several things but nothing has worked so far. Has anyone had this happened to your little one. And what did you use to get rid of it? Your help is very much appreciated. Many thanks.

bluetortoise Sat 08-Aug-09 22:11:35

ooops, should have spelled thighs, you can tell my english is not great blush

K999 Sat 08-Aug-09 22:17:54

Putting on lots of vaseline at every nappy change?? Sudocrem is also very good

ilovemydogandmrobama Sat 08-Aug-09 22:24:01

Are you putting them on too tight? Sounds as if the tiny red spots could be a heat type rash? Also, what sort of wrap is he wearing? Some wraps breathe better than others.

Are you sure that he's wearing the right size?

I'd try loosening the fit as a start and change frequently. If the rash is only on his legs, then it sounds as if it's too tight around the gusset.

Also with boys, it helps if you pad the front and, um, dress them downwards....

bluetortoise Sun 09-Aug-09 12:23:42

I try not to put too tight on him, I will see if I can make it a bit looser than usual then. He wears Motherease wraps, which I believe are quite good, aren’t they? I use both velcro and the poppers ones. The one with poppers I fasten on the first popper on the legs, IYSWIM. So, although he is wearing mainly large ones, he is probably ready to go to the next size up? Anyway, thank you very much for your replies. I will try your suggestions and see how I get on. Cheers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now