Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Nappi Nippas

(6 Posts)
beautifulgirls Sat 08-Aug-09 16:14:42

How good are they at holding to a smooth cotton type shaped nappy? Have very kindly been given some to try but no poppers/velcro on them so thinking about a nappi nippa instead but have not used these before so not sure if they are really designed for a more towelling type finish perhaps?
If they won't work for me any other ideas or will we be attaching velcro or using pins?

Flamesparrow Sat 08-Aug-09 17:26:09

You have to make sure you ram the spikes in well, but they work fine (I used them with jam tots which are smooth hemp)

knuttynina Mon 10-Aug-09 10:57:35

I've never got on with nappi nippas. I much prefer old fashioned nappy pins to get a nice snug fit. I suppose the problem is I use the kite fold with terry towelling nappies, and I find they need to be pinned each side, which is difficult to do with a nappi nippa.

beautifulgirls Mon 10-Aug-09 21:52:48

Thank you - I'll get a small number to try and see how we go. Can always move on to velcro or pins if needed.

knuttynina Tue 11-Aug-09 08:44:19

An important point, is that if you're going to pin nappies, you must use proper nappy pins and not safety pins. Nappy pins have locking heads to stop the pin coming undone, or being opened by little fingers!

beautifulgirls Tue 11-Aug-09 18:40:26

I didn't know that - thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now