Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

General Chat for Cloth Nappy Users -- part 11

(1002 Posts)
NappyPolice Thu 06-Aug-09 19:43:28

As you were grin

Octothechildherder Thu 06-Aug-09 21:11:43

ooh a new thread!

ilovemydogandmrobama Thu 06-Aug-09 21:17:23

Yes, but apparently pre mature as the old thread, that wasn't listed when I last looked had been given the Phoenix treatment....

Am thinking of starting a splinter group. grin

Only cool people can join. wink

Octothechildherder Thu 06-Aug-09 21:19:01

thats me buggered then

swampfire Thu 06-Aug-09 21:20:45

Hi honey, I'm ho-ome!

ilovemydogandmrobama Thu 06-Aug-09 21:21:55

You're cool.

lollipopmother Thu 06-Aug-09 21:23:45

Did someone mention cool people?! grin

I notice you guys have been getting yourself in trouble doing illegal black market trading - naughty naughty, shame on you! wink

ilovemydogandmrobama Thu 06-Aug-09 21:26:47

Lollipop! grin grin Where have you been???????

Was going to send an SOS.

So, what is DD wearing, what is working, what isn't working? All the gossip....

Nice to have a bit of, <<whispers, glamour back in the fold>>

swampfire Thu 06-Aug-09 21:56:45

Lollipop! Are you back to snort some HL, UD and BB? What are you into these days?

lollipopmother Thu 06-Aug-09 22:34:16

Hello ladies! I felt I really should come back to the mothership when I heard of all the scandal! grin

I'm not so sure about glamour though, I feel like I've been run over by a bus (and look like it too!), but actually it's just DD who is now nearly 11m and a complete handful!

With the nappies (when I can get the bloody things on her! angry) she is in large Ittis and WNOS aplix. I tend to make sure to stick her in Ittis if wearing trousers and the WNOS if we're going out. I actually find that the WNOS aren't at all bulky, but they are broader across the bum so do make her trousers tighter.

She is a NIGHTMARE to get a nappy on, I mean N-I-G-H-T-M-A-R-E - triple angry, so I have made sure that I have a handful of WNOS aplix, well, when I say handful .... eight! grin and I have 7 Ittis, should have 9 but that's a story I shall get on to another time!

I was really starting to despair with my Ittis as they were only lasting 1.5-2 hours with all three inserts so I decided to go up a size and everything has magically sorted and I am totally in love with them again, hurrah! DD has just reached 19lbs but the larges fit fine.

For nights I have just swapped from my beloved WNNN (sob) to the much less pretty soy UDNN aplix. I couldn't cope with the hassle of getting the WNNNs on her so I tried a UDNN aplix and have now just made the change and have five. I have to say that lots of people rave about them being very absorbent but tbh I think they are a tad less absorbent than the WNNN, but the advantage is that they aren't as bulky, you can have aplix and the biggest selling point in my view is that the pocket is ruddy massive, could fit a double decker in there! I haven't managed to find a single UD nappy that fits DD, but the UDNNs are a perfect fit on her, really impressed with them. On the down side - freaky front-opening pockets ... give me the bloody heebees every evening when I stuff it! <shudders>

I now use wool instead of wraps and much prefer it - I have a massive wool addiction but am trying to stay cool about it otherwise I will end up with more wool than I have night nappies!

I would do some stash pics but the camera is on charge so you are all spared my horrendous showing off for tonight! wink

So .... anything I need to know from you guys??

xx

swampfire Thu 06-Aug-09 22:49:10

I had a bit of a fight with some Bedbugs a short while back and the Bedbugs won so now I have four and I bloody LOVE them!!! They are just lushness personified <<strokes lovingly>> but I also still love my BBHs.

Wraps are fleece (Stacinators or Sugar Peas) or wool (Sugar Peas, have a pair of Seahorse Slacks to grow into and a Disana on its way).

Days are any combination of pockets - I am a pocket tart - love flitting between Ittis, Blueberries, Totsbots (Easyfits and Pocket Tots), BumGenius... I adore Sugar Peas AI2s. Not too fond of Berry Plushes, can't abide by Pop-Ins <<shudder>>.

DS3 is still easy to get nappies on! grin

lollipopmother Thu 06-Aug-09 23:11:06

Swamp - There are a load of nappies I'd like to try - Berry Plush, HL, PBPDs but I feel very uneasy if I have an uncoordinated stash <shudder>.

How come you didn't like the BPs?

I have never had a wool wrap thingy, but I have two soakers made by Ali at Pixie Knits who is an absolute diamond, such a lovely woman and always 100% helpful and accommodating, and I have THE most gorgeous longies made by Emma at Bobby Dazzlers, they are a work of art and I heart them muchly, swooooon! This is a pic from the back and this is from the front.

On a slide side note: I am WELL in to WAHM clothing atm, my favourite being this little gem, and here which a matching nappy but was sooooo massive that I sold it on. My other most favourite is THE most gorgeous knitted smocked dress by Cathie at Natural Knits for Nippers, she got the wool dyed specially to the colours I wanted and knitted to DDs measurements so it's perfect.

Ok ok so you got me, I just wanted to show off! grin

ilovemydogandmrobama Thu 06-Aug-09 23:19:51

Have been off the chat thread for ages, and it all comes flooding back. Within about 10 minutes, Swampster has made me go and and buy a Sugar Peas Fleece grin

DD (3 years old) is in Motherease Bedwetter pants, and these seem to work for her. She is getting up in the middle of the night though and coming into the big bed, where DS usually ends up also. Honestly don't know why we bothered with the loft extension.

DS (17 months) wears flexitots that are somewhat pink after washing them with a red jumper. And BBHs for nights. Managed to track down a few blue and green ones (new!) so have a good stockpile of these.

Recently have flirted with BBH Minkies. Cute, but DS grew out of medium. And EcoBub. It's a pocket, sort of. Mainly just a pvc wrap with wool on the outside hmm and a microfibre booster. All this for £17.99 shock. Fortunately DS didn't wear it, so was able to get refund as his legs were too skinny anyway.

lollipopmother Thu 06-Aug-09 23:24:51

Ohh p*ss, that serves me right, none of my links work! grin

I shall try again:

I have never had a wool wrap thingy, but I have two soakers made by Ali at Pixie Knits who is an absolute diamond, such a lovely woman and always 100% helpful and accommodating, and I have THE most gorgeous longies made by Emma at Bobby Dazzlers, they are a work of art and I heart them muchly, swooooon! This is a pic from the back and this is from the front.

On a slide side note: I am WELL in to WAHM clothing atm, my favourite being this little gem, and here which had a matching nappy but was sooooo massive that I sold it on. My other most favourite is THE most gorgeous knitted smocked dress by Cathie at Natural Knits for Nippers, she got the wool dyed specially to the colours I wanted and knitted to DDs measurements so it's perfect.

lollipopmother Thu 06-Aug-09 23:28:13

Ahh that's better, found out how to add the pics properly now!

My favourite woolies - longies from front and from the back

Hmmm, getting shouted at by DP for being on the pc all night, exactly why I stopped coming on MN!

xx

yummyspottyblueberry Fri 07-Aug-09 01:18:41

Hello lovely cloth ladies (and any men of course hmm)

Haven't ventured on here before but was notified that you had been deleted so came to show support (confused you are actually here though??!!)

To introduce myself, I have been a clothie for 28mths but a pre-folder shock. Have been introduced to the delights of various other ways over the past few months and have quickly become a convert.

Can I join please??

Octothechildherder Fri 07-Aug-09 08:44:26

Morning and welcome to new followers! grin

Had overnight success last night with an easyfit and extra fuzzi inner stuffed in - yeah!!!!! whoop whoop

and fluffy postie just arrived .... (scuttles off to open)

BaronConker Fri 07-Aug-09 08:51:27

Hello yummyspottyblueberry and welcome - by an amazing coincidence DS3 is currently wearing, wait for it, a yummy, spotty, blueberry! Yay!

I had an itti leak yesterday. Think I may be becoming disillusioned! Wee all over Jamie's grobag...

Octothechildherder Fri 07-Aug-09 08:53:13

Its the new bags grin

The XL pink boho is here for whoever wanted it - the new patterns are GORGEOUS - I am sooo thrilled! Will get on site asap. Did someone also order an XL jungle jam?? Can't remember - will have to check other thread!

More yummy post coming from Bristol later - and my new bed has been delievred this morning - good day so far smile

Octothechildherder Fri 07-Aug-09 08:54:16

an itti leak shock tis the end of ittis as we know it grin

anchovies Fri 07-Aug-09 09:12:15

Hi everyone

Thought I would be brave and post rather than just nicking all your ideas and advice like I normally do! Used cloth with ds2 and am now with dd. Am a pocket convert after only ever using fitteds and currently have WNSS, BBOS, BBSS, Ittis, Berry Plush, NB stuffables, Wonderoos plus some sandys and bambinex bamboo and teddies but tbh they dont get used much. DD isn't a heavy wetter so we just use well stuffed wonderoos at night time.

Interested to see what ilovemydogandmrobama said about the bbh minkees and the ecobubs as I have been contemplating ordering both from green me all week!

Have never really got into wool but am loving all the wahm links!

Octo do you have a site then (sorry for being clueless) can you do a link or is that not allowed???!

ilovemydogandmrobama Fri 07-Aug-09 09:17:32

Yummy -- welcome grin.

There is another General Chat thread also... (disclaimer)

Lollipop -- you need a DP who works nights wink. I would love to try wool, but not sure about all that faffing around with lanolizing. Seems a bit too high maintenance for me. But am drooling at the patterns.

Am week 2 into reusable wipes, the idea being to save money. Going OK so far, but am looking for a good wipe solution. Got a bottle of Northern Essence which I thought was concentrated, so felt justified in spending £7.95. Anyway, turns out to be a foam and DS gets spooked. Found a great spray at Waitrose which was £4.00.Hopefully will get cheaper....

Suggestions for a good wipe solution, please?

swampfire Fri 07-Aug-09 09:18:20

Hello yummyspottyblueberry, <<waves>> prefolds! <<shudder>>

Itti leak on grobag? You're not using Ittis overnight are you, Baron? That would be madness!

swampfire Fri 07-Aug-09 09:20:39

Wipe solution? A pea-sized blob of Weleda chamomile cream bath in water, pour over stack of wipes. I love the smell.

mumface Fri 07-Aug-09 09:26:26

I also went crazy & used a boosted Itti last night resulting in soggy baby.
There wasn't a full moon was there..

This thread is not accepting new messages.