Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Bed wetting 'real' nappies

(8 Posts)
lizzielou76 Wed 05-Aug-09 13:52:50

I am looking for some bed wetting nappies, but my DD is only 27 pounds, and very skinny (like her dad, not her mum unfortunately, LOL). I am therefore reluctant to buy the Motherease Bedwetters, as I have seens reviews that they are suitable for 30 lbs + and are quite big on the waist. Does anyone know of any others, she will not wear a nappy for bed as "they are for babies, and I am a big girl now!", am using disposable pull ups at the moment, but don't really want to as I have always used real nappies. I wash my other DD nappies about every 5 days so how many would I need, can they go through with normal washing?

BaronConker Thu 06-Aug-09 16:39:55

Check out Minki yo-yos - they do a 'slinki' version for skinny kids (I feel your pain, my 3 year old disappears when he turns sideways, and they're fine on him).
Pretty pricey but my hot tip is this - buy one, or two, and enough inserts to last a few days. Then each morning chuck the insert in with your other dirty nappies give the fleece pocket part a quick soap and water rinse and squeeze, and it should be dry again by bedtime (good old fleece). Then you can give it a proper wash when you're washing your other DD's nappies. Genius.

Octothechildherder Thu 06-Aug-09 16:50:40

Would suggest a close parent pop in bamboo with night time booster smile

puffylovett Thu 06-Aug-09 17:07:05

Someone recommended the Minki to me, and once I've got through this stock of pampers I'm getting one. They do them in Bob the Builder ! Sooo excited grin DS will be OVER THE MOON and hopefully will also get to bed quicker too wink

Octothechildherder Thu 06-Aug-09 18:40:20

I like minkis too - large lollipop rainbow is very similar - has leg guesst which is good. I had a fire engines minki - ds3 loved it!

BaronConker Fri 07-Aug-09 08:44:00

the yo-yo is cool because it's pull-up (up and down, yo yo, see what they've done there?) It has poppers so you can undo it in an emergency but the sides are stretchy so you leave them done and up and pull up and done like pants. Hence, not a nappy, not babyish!

lizzielou76 Sat 15-Aug-09 22:08:14

thanks for this, will have a look at the Minki

ilovemydogandmrobama Sat 15-Aug-09 22:16:52

DD has been in Motherease Bedwetter pants since around 25 pounds. No leaks. She's been wearing Extra Small.

Fingers crossed as tonight she went to bed with just her 'Peppa Pig' pants as she didn't want to wear her 'big pants'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now