Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Help - day two and I don't know what to do next...

(5 Posts)
bbpants Mon 03-Aug-09 17:15:20

Day one of potty training - lots of wees but none in the potty, all on the floor (bare bottom all day except for during nap)

Day two - bare bottom again and this time, she's just holding everything in (she hasn't had a poo for three days, which is very unlike her). Put on some training pants to go into the garden (it's easier to slide down the slide with pants on!) and we went through 4 pairs in 15 minutes - 2 wees and 2 poos.

So DD (2.4) has evidently decided that pants are for weeing and pooing, not potties. Where do I go from here??

Lostmykeys Mon 03-Aug-09 17:18:56

I would leave it for a couple of weeks and then start again. I always start with the potty before bath time and get wees in it then, and slowly it seems to take off.

Lostmykeys Mon 03-Aug-09 17:19:39

Potty training, not the potty

bbpants Mon 03-Aug-09 17:31:37

Thank you for that - it was sort of my feeling but I didn't want to be a quitter! I feel we'll give it another couple of days - if there's NO progress at all in that time, then we'll put it on hold.

Saying all that, she's now sitting on the potty beautifully reading a book!

Lostmykeys Mon 03-Aug-09 17:34:31

There we go then! At least she doesn't object to the potty! Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now