Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it....

(9 Posts)
WhatFreshHellIsThis Sun 02-Aug-09 21:59:52

So I have a mission. My sister is having DC3 next week and is keen to try washable nappies for the first time. She lives in France, where it's not exactly common for people to use washables, so has no friends who can lend her ones to try, or friendly shops who can advise her.

I have promised as her baby present to do her a trial pack of different kinds of washables, so she can try them all out and decide which ones she likes, and then order on the internet. So the question is...which nappies to include in the pack?

Criteria as follows:

- must dry reasonably quickly, as they live in a flat with only a balcony for outside drying, and no tumble drier
- must be very simple to use, as her DH is not that keen, so anything complex and he'll just refuse to use them. So not too much stuffing/assembling/folding involved
- must be slimline, for the same DH type reason

We tend not to have particularly chubby babies in our family, so something that will fit a baby with slender limbs would be best. The baby is a boy.

I use Fluffles with Motherease wraps and Itti Bittis, so am thinking of sending her an Itti Bitti and something with a Motherease wrap for sure. But what else? All in Ones, pockets, stuffables?

Give me your wisdom, o nappy ladies! grin

duvetheaven Sun 02-Aug-09 22:55:11

Bumgenius BTP pocket v3 could be good as the microfibre insert could dry fairly quickly. Glad you mentioned about the build of the baby as these are not great on chubsters but that not a problem for your sister.
I have read before that quite a few DH's find these straightforward.

Hth wink

WhatFreshHellIsThis Sun 02-Aug-09 23:03:58

Thank you! Will put them on the list to research tomorrow.

I'm secretly really pleased as I get to indulge my nappy obsession without DP tutting about me spending more money on nappies for DS2! grin

ilovemydogandmrobama Sun 02-Aug-09 23:06:08

Bum Genius Sized All in One.

WhatFreshHellIsThis Mon 03-Aug-09 15:32:11

bump for today's nappy experts

thank you ilovemydog! smile

rachelinscotland Mon 03-Aug-09 16:16:22

Lollipop Micros and Lollipop Softee nappies are fantastic for people without tumble dryer/drying facilities. They come out of washing machine nearly dry and dry very quickly afterwards! I have one of each that I've been trialing for our local real nappy project, as they're looking for something to take the place of Fluffles (since no longer manufactured). They're nice and soft/squishy for newborns, with cross over aplix tabs, and they stretch to fit quite a while too! And very good containment too!

And btw, I don't work for Lollipop! Just found them to be something ideal to recommend to people who need a reliable nappy that dries quickly!

I personally like natural fibre nappies, but I have huge washing lines outside and tumble dryer inside - so drying time is no problem for us.

Enjoy the nappy shopping! I'm getting the fun of buying Tots Bots for my sister in USA! She likes UK fitted nappies so I've been buying her up bargain ones and posting them over to her! Tis fun - shopping with other people's money! wink

WhatFreshHellIsThis Mon 03-Aug-09 19:42:39

thanks rachel! haven't come across them before so will have a google this evening.

have heard a lot about Bumgenius on other threads as well, so will definitely look into those. Anyone tried the new Flexitots? Are they any good?

rachelinscotland Mon 03-Aug-09 20:13:06

Flexitots are quite good nappies but they're not exactly fast drying. Also I find that the newer Tots Bots (their all in one Easyfit and the PocketTots, as well as Flexitots to an extent) have a higher cut leg, so don't always contain baby poos very well, or fit slim babies. Certainly wouldn't be able to recommend getting the Easyfit or PocketTot for someone trying nappies for the first time - at least not a newborn! The Flexitot is quite good for containment though, but not fast drying.

WhatFreshHellIsThis Mon 03-Aug-09 22:07:04

Right, I'm thinking a Bumgenius, an Itti Bitti, a Lollipop PopnGrow, so far

I think trying anything with a separate wrap might send her DH over the edge, so it's all in ones or pockets all the way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now