Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Lanolising my first wool wrap - please reassure me I've not ruined it!

(7 Posts)
Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 30-Jul-09 13:07:52

I bought a Disana wrap after some recommendations on here. DS has used it two nights but quite a lot of moisture came through where he sleeps on his tummy.
The instructions didn't say about doing anything to it prior to using it, but said to wash in wool soap and lanolise every couple of wears for the first couple of weeks.
I have washed it today in wool soap and then made up the lanolin solution as per instructions. It took a while for all the blobs to disolve and there are still a few specks in the cloudy solution.

Have I done it right? Are the specks a problem - will they stick onto the wrap as little lumps?

KirstyJC Thu 30-Jul-09 15:35:27

If you used the wool cure/lanolin stuff that looks like bubblebath then you have got the same stuff I have - and mine takes a while to dissolve too, leaves little 'thready' type bits in the solution...but it works fantastically!

Don't worry it is finegrin. How long will you leave them to soak? I leave mine overnight then just a quick rinse before drying.

DS2 has Disana shorts too - they are so cute aren't they!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Fri 31-Jul-09 12:28:54

Thanks Kirsty - I saw your reply last night but my laptop wouldn't let me reply!
I left it overnight and gave it a quick rinse this morning. It feels much more waterproof, when I squeezed it out the water was beading up on the surface.
Can't wait for my new hemp night nappy to be washed enough times to try the two in combination! grin

KirstyJC Fri 31-Jul-09 17:46:35

grin

Alibabaandthe40nappies Mon 03-Aug-09 10:02:44

Yay! Completely dry last night. Used the disana shorts with the hemp/fleece nappy (Ella's House) and boosted with a bamboo insert. grin

KirstyJC Mon 03-Aug-09 11:49:31

Fab!! grin. I use mine (that is, DS2 uses his) with a bamboo little lamb, Easy Peasy Bambeasy or cotton Little Kiwi quick flip. No extra boosting in any of them although I think he is a light wetter (saves it all up for the bath!grin).

Although, the other morning when I changed him I had put him in a cotton little lambs instead of the bamboo. No extra boosting or anything....and STILL completely dry in the morning. After 13 hours! Those sheep know a thing or two....grin

Alibabaandthe40nappies Mon 03-Aug-09 14:33:22

I don't think that would be enough for DS - he is still waking either once or twice at night for a BF so there is a lot of fluid going in and therefore a lot coming out! We were double boosting our Bambinex and he was waking up soaked more mornings than not. They are fine during the day, we change every 3-4 hours and don't have a problem with leaks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now