Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Slinki Minkis - What to stuff them with.....

(6 Posts)
caen Thu 30-Jul-09 12:42:12

....at night? I love these but didn't realsie how big they would be!!! I use LL bamboo nappies at night at the moment with one booster. What should I use for the SM's? I have muslins and lots of LL boosters and some Motherease boosters too. Would I be better off buying a terry prefold?

caen Thu 30-Jul-09 21:05:57

bump

usernametaken Thu 30-Jul-09 22:18:16

I used a pre-fold for the SM and then added a few microfibre cloths if needed.
I found the jump in size from the Medium to the Large was huge. I loved the Medium size, it was leak proof. DD was too little for the large size yet too big for the medium.

Sparx Thu 30-Jul-09 22:30:23

I bought some bamboo fleece and sewed up some triple-layer inserts... for night time I used two or three plus a microfibre. Bamboo is really absorbent and light so it wasn't too bulky - but the Minki's are huge when they're stuffed!

Yzzil Thu 13-Aug-09 21:20:15

I found a simple folded terry was enough for nighttime and actually more absorbent than their super soaker pads. I used this day and night, and they also dry much faster.

Only drawback is they are more bulky and skinny DD had to wear 2-3 yr trousers at 12m!

twoclimbingboys Thu 13-Aug-09 21:35:59

I have a standard minki for Blake. use a mixture of bamboo boosters and hemp.

You could add some hemp to your nappy stash cheaply from easy peasy - 5 hemp boosters for £10 and free delivery. They are fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now