Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

help, confused by nappies

(5 Posts)
muddle78 Wed 29-Jul-09 23:32:28

ive been given tons of material squares and some plastic nappie pant things. i guess the plan is to fold material squares into pants and put on the baby?! hmm ok so what nappie system have i got? i want this info so that i can get detailed instructions wink and buy correct extra pants. thanks grin

Octothechildherder Thu 30-Jul-09 07:51:55

You have a flat nappy system - sounds like terries or muslins. Have a look on the washabums site for folding techniques. You can go the www.teamlollipop.co.uk in classified ads for more details and place to buy covers.

Good luck

jeanybeeny Thu 30-Jul-09 08:03:39

It sounds as though you've been given some traditional terry towelling nappies. These will have to be folded and put on baby using nappy pins or nappy nippas. Has baby arrived yet? There are loads of different folds you can use to suit size and sex of DC. You can get them off the internet or the Nappy Lady website, which is a very helpful guide. Reusable terry nappies need to be covered with waterproof "wraps" or plastic pants, to protect baby's clothes and bedding. Again, there are loads of different types and styles. The cheapest type are traditional pull-on plastic pants, which you can buy from Boots or Mothercare, and most good chemists. Terry nappies and plastic pants and are the most versatile "nappy system" option imo, because they are a relatively cheap outlay to begin with, which can be used on other DC. Hope this helps.

sobloodystupid Thu 30-Jul-09 10:14:09

I've been using this system on ds for the last 6 months, before "committing" to fancier cloth nappies lol. My MIL showed me brilliant ways for folding the terry so it went nicely round the legs and was snug when he was very small. Twas a good bonding exercise for me and MIL. smile

muddle78 Thu 30-Jul-09 14:03:01

thank you so much for your help! baby not here yet so i have time to get this sussed! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now