Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Help! why do my Totbots all in ones keep leaking?

(9 Posts)
sophietom Wed 29-Jul-09 17:17:37

I am new to washable nappies and bought some BTP bamboozle all-in-ones from totbots. They look gorgeous but we are having quite a few leaks. Has anyone else had this problem and do they really get more absorbent with continued washing?
I am using Boots disposable liners- could this be the problem or am I not doing them up tight enough?

ZippysMum Wed 29-Jul-09 17:44:01

Hi Sophietom,
I'm also new - planning on washables for our twins due Sept, but just a thought - did you pre-wash? I think Bamboozles need quite a few washes to get to full absorbency.

sophietom Wed 29-Jul-09 18:08:55

Hi ZippysMum
They have been pre-washed but only once, so hopefully they will get better as we go along. I will keep going with them and see how I get on- am wondering whether I need to try fleece liners instead.

ZippysMum Wed 29-Jul-09 19:01:38

Aaaah, ok. My good friend who loves her bamboozles was told to prewash/dry 5 or 6 times! I am sure they will get more absorbent the more they have been washed. The nappies we got have a bamboo booster and I pre-washed 3 times -they really did get much fluffier (and take longer to dry) the more I washed them.

PfftTheMagicDragon Wed 29-Jul-09 19:27:35

Because they are rubbish! Mine did this, I kept on washing and washing and washing in the hope that they would get better and I kept getting leaks through the front and leaks through the legs. Am a seasoned reusable user as well. A search online found that I was not the only one with the issue. I switched to Bumgenius.

Octothechildherder Thu 30-Jul-09 07:56:18

Sounds like you have easyfits not bamboozles if you have the cover attached. Bamboo needs about 6 washes to get to full absorbency.

What is the fit like around the leg?

Liners shouldn't make any difference.

Email me on info@nappywardrobe.co.uk if you want further advice- happy to help - have used them myself successfully.

sophietom Thu 30-Jul-09 18:05:17

Thanks Octo you're right it is the easyfits I have -I'll try washing them a few more times and let you know how I get on.
They gape a bit around the leg unless I pull them tight on the leg before doing them up- this means that the aplix lies at an angle rather than straight across iyswim. Mind you I have a chubby LO who is gaining weight at an alarming rate so this may not be a problem for long!

Pfft I am going to persevere for a while (just because I like the patterned outers on the totbots)- mine are leaking at the leg too. But I may end up buying a couple of the bumgenius to try and see if I prefer them- thanks for the recommendation.

Octothechildherder Fri 31-Jul-09 09:11:11

Sophietom - I tend not to recommend these for babies under 14lbs due to the lack of gusset making the leg holes big - unless the baby has chubby legs blush. Crossing over the tabs is fine - I def think a combination of the leg holes and more washing is the issue and should resolve itself smilesmile Put them through with normal washing to get them up to the required washes rather than waiting to do specific nappy washes.

sophietom Fri 31-Jul-09 10:47:43

Octo ta for the advice, it's been a real help. My LO is only 7 weeks but shock is nearly up to 14lbs so should be ,ahem, filling these in no time! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now