Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

3 year old doesnt care if his pants and trousers are soaked through

(3 Posts)
cheesesarnie Wed 29-Jul-09 15:21:02

hes more than happy to play or sit drenched in wee.

its annoying me!

dingdong05 Thu 30-Jul-09 12:07:09

I know exactly what you mean! It's such a tough line to walk between making him care enough to keep dry or at least get changed, and not making him feel bad about it.
I went up a ladder of sterness with this. To begin with (when he was 3-4ish) I told my wee boy that he was very good at getting to the loo most of the time, but not to worry about accidents, just try and make it to the loo next time. Then I moved onto making him aware that the majority of the time he had accidents when he was preoccupied (esp on the telly/computer etc) and that he could always come back to it because he had to listen to his body. Now he's 5 1/2 and for the last few months he looses access to the thing he was doing when he had an accident. That may sound tough but telly is the most coveted thing he has and I now use it to get co-operation in a whole host of issues
BTW he would still sit in soaking clothes- and does until I catch him!
Good luck x

cheesesarnie Thu 30-Jul-09 16:27:51

glad im not the only one!i have to fight to get ds wet clothes off him in the end.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: