Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

This doesn't feel right....

(2 Posts)
tatty33 Tue 28-Jul-09 14:04:34

Trying hard to potty train my ds while Childminder is on holiday for 2 weeks ( he is 27 months old - he was 2 in march)

he'll happily sit on the potty - esp as it means TV goes on hmm , and will sometimes do a wee, but no where near asking for it himself. does that mean he's not ready?

also I feel he's sitting on it for longer than being off it doing other things, IYSWIM, surely he's going to get bored and end up resenting it soon - that or have TV goggles!

Any tips gratefully received

sockonmyhead Tue 28-Jul-09 21:26:36

It does sound as if he isn't ready yet. I think maybe you should just leave it until he is showing a bit more interest.

27 months is not late at all for potty training so you don't need to worry. I know it is really frustrating and you just want them to do it. DS1 was out of nappies at 2 1/2 but DD is thoroughly uninterested and she is now 29 months.

I'm not sure I have any helpful tips, you really just have to wait for him to be more ready!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now