Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Which is the most comfortable potty in your dc's experience?

(7 Posts)
GillL Tue 28-Jul-09 10:42:35

Ds says 'hurt' every time he sits on the potty that dd has been happy with for the last 2 years. It's a Winnie the Pooh chair style potty from Mothercare. Can anyone recommend a more comfortable potty? Ds is quite stocky - 75th centile on height and weight.

notsoteenagemum Tue 28-Jul-09 10:51:50

I was going to say that throne type one GillL.
Ds was quite big for it but once we had the 'knowing-you-need-to go' cracked he went straight to a toilet seat thing.

rasputin Tue 28-Jul-09 10:53:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bran Tue 28-Jul-09 12:03:56

DS needed quite a large one with a pommel at the front to stop him weeing over the front. He was most comfortable on a Baby Bjorn one. He did progress to the loo with a child seat quite quickly though.

GillL Tue 28-Jul-09 13:30:48

Thanks. The Baby Bjorn looks great. I'll probably get a potty and a toilet seat. When I potty-trained dd we had a potty to carry around the house with us so she didn't get caught short. We haven't started training ds (23 months) yet but he's taken an interest and did a wee on the potty yesterday.

thehairybabysmum Tue 28-Jul-09 13:35:17

Boots own brand..v. cheap but has a flattish rim that he seemed to prefer to the mothercare one that i bought first.

dinkystinky Tue 28-Jul-09 13:39:11

DS1 likes his baby bjorn one too - though the potty he liked best was one in France while we were on holiday which was quite long and thin and seemed to suit him more. We got him a thomas one from mothercare too which was rubbish - far too small for him and wee escaped all the time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now