Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

potty training well but......

(3 Posts)
petitmaman Mon 27-Jul-09 19:53:34

DD is 29 months . started pottty training last friday when i was sure she was ready. if she hasn't got anything on her bottom she is doing brilliantly , only one accident on the 1 st morning. she didn't want to wear pants intially. now she is happy to but as soon as i put them on she just wets them even though i have explained they are not nappies etc. if you take the pants off she is great again.
it is almost like she forgets to go because she has something on her bottom. i think i am going to leave pants off as much as poss until she is more established as she does so well when they are off. but MIL thinks that she will learn more quickly if pants are on now?
has anyone else had this problem? any ideas? WWYD?
Thanks

petitmaman Mon 27-Jul-09 20:55:56

Bump?

ziggyf Mon 27-Jul-09 21:11:13

Yep, same here - when he's got pants on I have to remind him a lot more and even physically put him on the potty if we are out and about. At home he hasn't had an accident since day 2 but he is naked from the waist down most of the time at home.

I'm presuming and hoping that he'll just work it out after a while. Any tips from the experts out there?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now