Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Modern Baby pop in - are they just rubbish or am I doing it wrong?

(17 Posts)
TheProvincialLady Sat 25-Jul-09 21:27:56

I have one modern baby pop in (think that is what it is called). I was advised to try it for night time use as my DS2 is a very heavy wetter.

However. He is now 7 months and weighs 18lb and I can barely do the thing up when it has the night time booster in. In fact I have just put it on him and he has stood up and the velcro has undone.

Are they usually this small and pathetic? I read in the instructions about the adjustable poppers etc but he has been using it on what looks to me like the largest setting since I got it 3 months ago.

It takes an age to dry the thing as well. In fact, I hate itgrin But is it just that I am doing it wrong? Please advise me.

RuthChan Sat 25-Jul-09 22:13:24

I'm afraid I agree with you that they are awful. I have never had a big problem with the size (my DCs aren't huge), but I have found it leaks badly due to wicking, a problem I've never had with any other type of nappy. It's not a nappy I'd recommend to anyone.

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Sat 25-Jul-09 22:15:44

I didnt like it - i liked the feel of the outer but in it was all a bit bleurghhhh.

TheProvincialLady Sat 25-Jul-09 22:28:20

Oh so it's not just me then? I'll go back to the old Motherease onesize boosted to within an inch of his life. It just seemed like a good idea. I'm glad I didn't waste my money buying more than one - £19 including the booster, what a rip off.

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Sun 26-Jul-09 08:38:03

Are you just looking for something specifically for nightime?

TheProvincialLady Sun 26-Jul-09 11:17:44

Yes, because I am happy with MEOS during the day and don't want to buy a new set of nappies, just a couple for night time use only. I am not exaggerating when I say that my boy will soak through a MEOS including its booster, with a large size prefold shoved in, by 3am even if I change it at 10pm. Have you any suggestions? I did ask here a few months ago, hence trying the pop in [grr]

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Sun 26-Jul-09 11:23:59

i can tell you what i used ........ i used a wonderoo or a greenkid anytime stuffed with gk bamboo insert and hemp booster, i used fleece std minki pocket by minki nappies stuffed with anything i could get in it or i used an ellas house bumhugger which was very absorbant and stuffed with just another hemp or bamboo insert under any wrap i had or sometimes i used a flexi tot which was quite a slimmer fitting option. Then he toilet trained and now we use pockets at night but they are mainly dry so thats kinda coming to an end now.

I also found i could stuff alot in a bimble.

Bibelots Sun 26-Jul-09 11:46:07

Thanks for that. I do have some minki pockets that I used on DS1 at night but they are the large size so too big at the moment and I didn't think they made them any more?

Bibelots Sun 26-Jul-09 11:56:00

Oh and this is a temporary name change BTW!

swampster Sun 26-Jul-09 14:12:04

Baby Beehinds one-size rock for nights. As do Holden's Landing Bedbugs - but getting them requires remortgaging. I couldn't make even MEOS work during the day!

Bibelots Sun 26-Jul-09 14:38:43

Grrrrrr, why oh why is it that whenever I google nappies I NEVER get people who sell the things, but only people talking about them on chatboards?

Is there a site that I am missing?

swampfire Sun 26-Jul-09 15:00:51

The Clean Green Nappy Machine has some BBH I like the bamboo ones, not tried or the hemp ones.

Scrummy bums-n-roses.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=14_38&sort=20a&page=1 and the HL site (They are American).

swampfire Sun 26-Jul-09 15:01:54

The Clean Green Nappy Machine has some BBH I like the bamboo ones, not tried or the hemp ones.

Scrummy Bedbugs and the HL site (They are American).

blush

Bibelots Sun 26-Jul-09 18:04:36

Thank you so much for those links. I feel like I have reached the holy grail! Though my eyes are watering a bit after seeing that those bed bugs are £27 and still need a wrapshock

swampfire Sun 26-Jul-09 18:43:36

grin You should be able to sell then on for a fair bit so think of them as only costing around £15? grin grin grin

swampfire Sun 26-Jul-09 18:44:07

I actually think I may prefer BBH though.

JennyPenny22 Sun 26-Jul-09 20:58:42

Motherease onesize wont last the night on many babies. It doesn't last more than 4 hours max on my 13 week old or 18 month old with the pop in booster. But TBH I don't find that any of the mass produced nappies are good enough for a 12 hour sleep. Apart from babybeehinds as swapfire said BUT even then only for the first few months. They are starting to be drenched in the morning by my 13 week old - although they don't actually leak yet. Definatly no good for my 18 month old though at nights.

I didn't like the pop ins either and had the same size issues and I doubt it would last a night.

My favourite night nappy is Upsy daisy nappies which are all handmade to order but usually end up costing £10-20 each depending on what you order. I get Soy french terry fabric with applix and the extra soy booster. which costs around £14 I think (depends what size you get). Is excellent though and nice and slim fitting (As slim as some of our day nappies!) Absorbant, soft and quick to dry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now