Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Clothing ranges taking in to account cloth nappies

(18 Posts)
LovingtheSilverFox Thu 23-Jul-09 16:08:10

Sorry if this has been done before, but I am finding trousers etc very hard to fit DTs, around their cloth nappies.

Clothes don't seem to be made to take them into consideration any more. DTs are coming up to 8 months, and I don't want to pay a fortune, but regular clothing stores seem too tight, I am having to dress them in the next size up which means everything is too long, and although I put them in dresses on occasions, they have a tendancy to crawl onto them iyswim.

Any help/advice appreciated.

DTs are both girls btw.

Thanks

KirstyJC Thu 23-Jul-09 16:10:30

<lurking here too with similar problem.....big bottomed 8 mo DS!>

Scorps Thu 23-Jul-09 16:14:35

Try Cut 4 cloth

HensMum Thu 23-Jul-09 16:15:49

There is a company called cut4cloth. They aren't cheap but you might find second hand things on ebay.

I tend to put DS in lots of jogging bottom style trousers, especially cropped ones in a bigger size.

I haven't really found it to be a problem until just recently when he's going into age 2 trousers which don't seem to be cut for any type of nappy at all!

MrsBadger Thu 23-Jul-09 16:17:13

Frugi and Bright Bots both do clotehs cut for cloth bottoms, also Tinkertogs if they are still going.
The Frugi things especially are fabulous quality and last forever so look for stuff on ebay.
The vests are worth buying new though as they get so much wear - good sale atm too.

now is also the time of year buy cropped trousers in the next size up so they fit round the bum but are not too long.

Eventually I gave up and just hack the legs off 3-4yo jeans for dd (2)

KirstyJC Thu 23-Jul-09 16:21:00

Oooh - cropped trousers, now why didn't I think of that blush.

eclairea Sat 25-Jul-09 19:48:04

And dungarees. My son lives in those and his cut4cloth/frugi stuff. But in the summer he also looks cute with just a T shirt and a nappy on. I love the motherease eco print wraps.

ilovemydogandmrobama Sat 25-Jul-09 20:03:17

Really really don't like Frugi. Mainly as their range is vastly over priced, but also quite bland.

M & S seems to fit most cloth bottoms

oldraver Sun 02-Aug-09 20:36:17

I alwyas bought the next size up and tried to get either 3/4 length or those with roll ups on them

Yorky Sun 02-Aug-09 21:03:43

DD lives in leggings and skirts atm, but will soon be crawling, when I think dresses and skirts are cruel/highly entertaining
Dungarees are cute

Marthasmama Sun 02-Aug-09 21:07:06

Yorky - dd is nearly 10 months and manages fine crawling in leggings. Dresses are indeed very amusing! wink Boden and Monsoon clothes are fairly big so I have found that they fit nicely. Gap trousers are minuscule.

greensnail Sun 02-Aug-09 21:12:34

Romper suits usually have plenty of room and must be very comfy. DD wears mostly rompers, dresses, dungarees and 3/4 length trousers in the next size up.

horseymum Tue 04-Aug-09 20:06:06

probably a mad suggestion when you have twins but kid's trousers are very very easy to make if you have a sewing machine. You hardly need any fabric and it would be easy to make matching or contrasting ones if that is your thing for dressing twins. You can just use a pair that fit well to use as pattern and don't even need to have different shapes for front and back sections for younger kids. Elastic waists are really simple too. You can find some ovely material online or in some shops or cut up bits of your old things if you have suitable stuff. Well-worn fabric is also really soft.

LovingtheSilverFox Wed 05-Aug-09 12:15:15

Haven't even thought of making them! It's been abput 15 years since I last approached a sewing machine (school!!) but might consider giving it a go.....hmmmmm, was thinking of making a bean bag earlier, I am all inspired now.

<<Off to ask friend with sewing knowledge for a few lessons>>

thehairybabysmum Wed 05-Aug-09 12:30:46

Ive never had a problem with M&S or mothercare both brands consistently roomy.

greensnail Wed 05-Aug-09 14:48:04

I find mothercare one of the worst actually - their trousers seem to come up tiny on DD's bum!

BlueChampagne Fri 07-Aug-09 16:30:24

DS is obviously as skinny-arse as we don't have this problem but a friend recommends Polarn O Pyret.

cheesesarnie Fri 07-Aug-09 16:33:57

we never really had a problem but we left vests undone(i am a skank) and they wore baggy trousers mostly from boden etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now