Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

General Chat Thread For Cloth Users-PART 10 - the one where even the postman has noticed our obsession...

(419 Posts)
TheNatty Thu 23-Jul-09 15:17:16

old thread ran out!
my postman said "more nappies?" this morning when he handed me a parcel blush

twoclimbingboys Thu 23-Jul-09 15:27:55

scotia - of course you can have it. £4 posted - as seen as it is someone off here! My paypal is vikki_higham @ yahoo dot co dot uk

swampster Thu 23-Jul-09 17:09:09

Love the thread title! At the delivery office I go to to collect the parcels I've missed, the guy says I get more packages in a week than he does all year. grin

TheNatty Thu 23-Jul-09 17:39:05

oh its embarressing isnt it blush
oh well worth it for the fluffy stuff (i sound like a proper addict)

ive got all my nappies out on the line, we are having a rare burst of sunshine! they look so good it makes me want more

Scotia Thu 23-Jul-09 20:45:13

Lol, I just found this! I thought I'd killed the last thread grin

Thanks 2cb, I'll get that paid now.

Scotia Thu 23-Jul-09 20:50:23

I'm waiting for a wnos, a wnss, a rockmelon itti, red tots fleece, 2 wooly shorties and now a stripy tots fleece! That's got to be a bit of a record grin

TheNatty Thu 23-Jul-09 20:52:24

lol thats ADDICTION for ya!!

JennyPenny22 Thu 23-Jul-09 21:01:39

My postman doesn't know its nappies that are coming every day but he does know I get loads of parsels! A few times I have been walking or driving nearby and he has flagged me down as he didn't want to miss me with the parsels blush. Thats bad he recognises me even when I am not at home!

Is anybody taking part in the competitions on CNA? I thought it was a good idea and bought the passports but now the answers are really hard and it is taking up too much time! All for charity though! Just hope I win something!

JennyPenny22 Thu 23-Jul-09 21:08:57

Oh and tried my new WNNL today and very impressed with the absorbancy. I put both the girls in them at 10am when we left for Legoland. As Talia fell asleep once we got there, she ended up staying in hers till about 4.30pm!!! (Don't usually leave her that long - just worked out wrong with timing!). She had done a mega poo which did leak slightly onto the wrap, but I expected that as it is medium and still a bit big. But it still wasn't soaked. I mean, the main part that she wees on was quite wet, but all the tabs etc were still completly dry.

Considering she out wees bamboozles in 2 hours, I think that is pretty impressive!

TheNatty Thu 23-Jul-09 21:16:19

wow jenny sounds impressive

<<wails>> now i want one!

twoclimbingboys Thu 23-Jul-09 21:33:36

Blake has a few WNNLs and i'm really impressed with them too. I think they are good value if you just go for the plain bamboo. They are bulkier than bamboo sandys but more absorbent and much quicker drying. We have got 2 XL WNNLs now and they are fab - decent night nappies for both boys (and room to boost Blake's as its XL). I have seen a few comments on cnt that the mediums are never as good a fit as either the smalls or larges are on some babies.

twoclimbingboys Thu 23-Jul-09 21:34:26

Thanks Scotia - I will hopefully post it tommorrow morning.

TheNatty Thu 23-Jul-09 21:49:36

just added pic of charlie in new woolies.. i may be converted..

here

treedelivery Thu 23-Jul-09 22:03:40

Oh my have I not been here this long? Thats terrible!

Postman just laughs at me now. I either have a boob hanging out from jumping up out of the chair mid feed to answer the door, or I grab a parcel off him like a savage and start babbling about 'fluff' and 'BeeHinds' and 'all-in-one' and other such nappy codes. Sometimes I do both. I think he thinks I have a fetish grin

I have sold some of my fluff! Am very proud. I hope all the mums are happy with their arrivals. Baron has some en route, and I have sold another 5 fluffles, plus a few bits.

Woo Hoo - already spent the money on some magic-alls but it's all good!!

The title is genius.

treedelivery Thu 23-Jul-09 22:05:15

Natty - he is tooooooo cute in those. How lovely.

Harriet is in her shorties - they come to her calves grin

Fab. I love em. I can't believe poor dd1 [4.9] is in a Huggies Pull up at night. They stink and make her itch. Yak

JennyPenny22 Thu 23-Jul-09 22:08:57

Natty - is that a disana soaker? I have a large one but it is starting to get too small for Elouise sad. Think I will keep it for Talia though but won't fit her for about a year! LOL

twoclimbingboys Thu 23-Jul-09 22:11:16

natty - that is such a cute pic!

TheNatty Thu 23-Jul-09 22:29:17

yes it is, its a small, tho i cant see it fitting that long, the rise isnt very long. i love it tho, been hunting for shorties all day no luck tho all girly ones

glad u all appreciate my genious titles..

some of my preloved nappies elastic have gone in the legs i will have to go and buy some to fix them up.
decided i want to use 2 parters full time until charlie is on the move and i will switch to pockets then. so far LL my fav, trying to convice DH to let me buy a new set

JennyPenny22 Thu 23-Jul-09 22:59:35

Natty - did you want the lollipops?

JennyPenny22 Thu 23-Jul-09 23:00:32

I did also have some lollipop micros but they are Pending to Rachels Friend who is going to get back to me after her holiday!

Scotia Fri 24-Jul-09 08:48:24

Natty, have you tried Bambinex Teddies - I had one of those and it was lovely! Soft and fluffy, and really neat fitting on ds (mine was nippa fastening). It was almost dry when it came out of the washing machine too. I lke LL too, but I'd choose Teddies between the two.

Jenny, I've never tried Lollipops, I quite like the look of the rainbow stripy ones.

BaronConker Fri 24-Jul-09 09:01:30

Scotia I have a stash of Lollipop rainbow stripe pockets, one of them is medium and is currently on loan to a friend who I know for a fact is not managing to use her cloth with DS (she is finding child number 3 a step too far on the laundry front!) If I get it back from her would you be interested? I used it from around 4 months...

tree - would your DD1 consider wearing a minki yoyo? My DS1 was really unkeen on wearing a nappy as he thought they were babyish, but he liked his yoyo as it had dinos on it and pulled up and down like pants! Cos they're fleece, you can stick your insert in the wash with all your nappies and just give the fleece nappy a soap-and-water wash in the mornings when you're not doing a nappy wash so that it's dry by bedtime and doesn't smell of wee. Then wash it when you're washing your other nappies. That way you only have to buy one, as they are pricey... Motherease bedwetter pants also good.

No 'fluffle' post blush so far, but have to stay in all day today to wait for parcelforce to pick up a buggy I've ebayed, so maybe the postie will arrive with something to cheer me up!

TheNatty Fri 24-Jul-09 10:06:48

baron thats interesting about the yoyos, your right they are expensive but doing that means you would only need one.
jenny ive got the smart nappy outers if you still want them, take the money off my bill? wink chat to you on msn later if ur n

littleman leaked thru his wool last night, maybe it needs a landonising again? the nappy wasnt that wet either, pressure wicking maybe? was only his bum?

BaronConker Fri 24-Jul-09 11:34:41

Only trouble is that yoyos don't come up preloved all that often. I bought mine new and am hanging on to it for DS2 and DS3! Definitely getting my money's worth!!

TheNatty Fri 24-Jul-09 11:41:05

yes if i did that i could hang onto it for DD and DS2, so it would be worth getting new.
i might just get two to rotate it.
how absorbant are they, just in case of accidents!
are they easy to get up and down?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now