Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

one way liners in re-usable nappies, quick question???

(16 Posts)
eleanorsmum Sat 21-May-05 21:16:34

Hi I use kooshie ultra and think they are fab but my dd has been getting a bit of a sore bum right at the top by her lower back. Am i being daft or what but the one way paper flushable liner i use (currently cotton bottoms ones) do they have to go a particular way round. the packet just says they are one way but which way!!!!!!!!!???????????? help please!

NannyL Sun 22-May-05 00:02:16

i dont thick it matters which way! (but dont double it over or fold it in half!)

Have you tried fleece liners (which you wash)... you could just cut up an old fleece throw (or buy a new one esp for it to cut up, only bout a fiver in tesco) but make sure you wash them at least 2 o 3 times before you use them, and wash and tumble as you would nappies

They keep their bottom very dry and are SOOO soft on their skin

mcmudda Sun 22-May-05 00:07:33

I found the flushable liners wriggled around inside the nappy and never stayed put. I agree that fleece are much better than the papery ones - they stay put and are much softer/drier/nicer on baby's bum IMO.

giraffeski Sun 22-May-05 08:29:42

Message withdrawn

pixiefish Sun 22-May-05 08:49:50

silk liners are meant to be good for sore bottoms

Jane101 Mon 23-May-05 16:29:40

Ive been really impressed by how dry fleece liners keep ds2's skin. I got mine from www.kittykins.co.uk - 5 for £3 inc. postage.

eleanorsmum Mon 23-May-05 19:49:09

Thanks guys. am on a mision now to find some cheap polyester fleecey fabric to cut up, wonder if dh's jacket would do...... only kidding! Will try fabric land tom. dd's bum is a bit better today but will still give these a try, they sound so soft on her little bum! Cheers again

chipmonkey Tue 24-May-05 17:10:15

btw, if you were going to buy another lot of nappies, minkies and fuzzibunz are actually lined with fleece so you don't need fleece liners. They are not all-in-ones though, you need to stuff them with an insert but they dry much quicker than kushies.

motherpeculiar Tue 24-May-05 23:23:08

bumbles are fleece lined too

motherpeculiar Tue 24-May-05 23:24:11

meant to say bumbles are full shaped nappies too - so you don't need inserts (although you can use them if needed - a VERY clever nappy indded) but you do need a wrap

chipmonkey Wed 25-May-05 11:16:46

How quick do bumbles dry, mp? I was thinking of getting a couple but my problem with kushies was that they take so long to dry in the dryer, not very eco-friendly!

sweetkitty Wed 25-May-05 19:46:48

Bumbles dry very quickly the insert pops out I do find them a bit bulky for skinny DD we use fuzzi's during the day and tots or bumbles at night.

Have seen cheap fleece blankets in Morrisons and Wilkinsons for £3 wish I had seen them before I bought my liners

motherpeculiar Wed 25-May-05 20:16:22

sorry chipmonkey - just saw your message now. yep, bumbles do dry relatively quickly, although the towelling part at the back can take a while, about as long as a coloured tots i'd say

hth

Maisiemog Sat 28-May-05 13:04:32

You can buy a bit of fleece from a fabric shop for about 4-5 quid a metre - makes lots of liners.
I don't recommend tumble drying fleece liners, they dry in about 1 hour on a clothes horse, and we really don't want to play into the hands the disposables are more green brigade do we?

popsycal Sat 28-May-05 14:21:45

i bought cheap fleece on ebay and had more than i needed for liners and wipes

eleanorsmum Sat 28-May-05 19:54:33

hi. bought a cute white fleece with teddies on in morrisons for 2.99. made loads of liners. they dry so quick and dd's bum is lovely and pink like it should be again, when i change her nappy you'd never know she was wet. magic! thanks for the tips people!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now