Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

2.5yr old DD taken steps backwards, now wetting several times a day. Ahh!

(3 Posts)
monkeyfacegrace Thu 23-Jul-09 09:06:34

Hi all,
Im at the end of my tether with my 2.5yr old dd. About 6 months ago, she woke up one morning and asked to wear knickers. It took about 2 weeks for her to master potty training, and that was it. She could hold it on the motorway etc no problem, very rarely did we have accidents.

Now, she has started wetting all the time. She tells us she needs a weewee after she has started going, so although she isn't drenched, she is damp enough to have to change knickers/sometimes trousers. Its driving me insane.

Ive tried ignoring it incase its attention seeking, Ive tried telling her off for being too late to tell me, Ive tried sticker charts/rewards etc but nothing works. She doesn't care about being in damp knickers either, she is very much a tomboy and is not fussed by being wet and mucky!

Ahhhh please someone tell me this is normal! Or do I need to see a gp incase there is actually a problem?

katedan Thu 23-Jul-09 14:21:28

Hi monkeyfacegrace,

We have only just stated training DD1 but I remember with dsat we had lots of "dips" in traing long after he was potty trained. We did as you have done gone back to sticker charts, lots of praise etc. I know it is very frustrating but she is still very young. DD1 is 2 and 7 months and we have only just started trying. No need to go to the GP unless you think she is in pain passing urine/poo. Like all parts of childrearing just keep saying "this is a stage, this is a stage.

good luck

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Thu 23-Jul-09 14:25:49

Sounds pretty normal to me. My DD started training at about 2.6yrs, took a month or so to get it, and then had various relapses about every 2-3 mths (last one being when DS was born in Feb) - she is now 3.9yrs old and we haven't had any problems for about 3 mths. I think that they do have relapses and you have to go back to what worked originally and stick with it.

It does come eventually - after all we aren't wetting ourselves (unless I do a particularly large sneeze hmm).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now